Unsupported 16-bit application

I've downloaded FM10 via Steam, but when I go to launch the game I get an error message saying that the game cannot start due to an incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.

I bought a new laptop last thursday so I would know how to change anything yet. (As you can tell Im a bit of a technophobe!! :-D)

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere...I have hada quick scan through and couldn't find anything.

That's odd. The game certainly is compatible with 64bit versions of Windows. I know that 16 bit installers aren't compatibility, but I don't know why/how you've ended up with a 16 bit installer. :confused:

There is a dirty hack, but it involves messing around with the registry and dynamic link libraries (dlls) so I'm not going to advise that here. Someone else might know the clean solution though.

I've downloaded FM10 via Steam, but when I go to launch the game I get an error message saying that the game cannot start due to an incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.

I bought a new laptop last thursday so I would know how to change anything yet. (As you can tell Im a bit of a technophobe!! :-D)

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere...I have hada quick scan through and couldn't find anything.

2 things to try:

right clicking on the FM icon in my steam games then selecting properties>local files>verify integrity of game cache.

if that doesn't work many people have fixed this issue by unistalling in STEAM and reinstalling

Thanks

ben

Right I have uninstalled Steam.

I am now re-installing it but Im getting promblems with the Destination Folder. The destination folder is set at c:\programfiles (x86)\Steam\

However, when I click on Install, I get a message saying that Steam must be installed into an empty folder. Should I have deleted the Steam file in Windows Explorer?

Cheers again for your help guys...apologies for being a pain in the backside.

Archived