Mac version not working!!!!

Last year I had a problem with steam and protection, this year a problem with the disc protection for my iMac!

It hangs on "processing..."

UnF*&@ing believable...

Hi,

there isn't any protection on the mac so that isn't the problem. Can you post the exact message you get then hopefully someone can help you. Also have a look at the FM10 FAQ as that has some fixes for Mac issues already encountered

Thanks

ben

There IS protection, it asks for the disc. I have tried having the disc in before I start it and putting it in when it asks.

It says "processing... please wait" or something like that, and just hangs.

I'm currently using it on a high endish MacBook Pro, which easily meets the min requirements.

There IS protection, it asks for the disc. I have tried having the disc in before I start it and putting it in when it asks.

It says "processing... please wait" or something like that, and just hangs.

I'm currently using it on a high endish MacBook Pro, which easily meets the min requirements.

There ISN'T disc protection. Have you checked the FAQ thread that Ben suggested?

Why does it need the disc then?

And yes, I have checked the FAQ.

Trying to reinstall it now, and it's stuck on installing "data"....

The disc looks pristine, and my CD drive is working fine.

Remove and delete the Fm2010 folder and try to install again in another directory.

• SI Staff

Hi dave, i'll see if I can help.

First thing to check - is the DVD dirty? Whip is out and give it a good clean, sometimes the disc check can fail due to a smudge.

Second thing - I take it you've installed from the boxed DVD and not eSellerate version?

Third thing - do you have multiple dvd drives? Has your drive had any issues in the past?

• SI Staff

ah, just seen you wrote this "Trying to reinstall it now, and it's stuck on installing "data"...."

Almost certainly something wrong with your DVD unfortunately. This is a sign it's stuck trying to copy the data from the disc to your machine. Defo give it a very good clean and shine and start again.

• SI Staff

sorry about that Dave. One thing to try if possible, do you have another Mac handy to try and install onto? If that works, then it might be something up with your dvd drive on the first mac. (or even try it on a PC if you have one spare)

psucolonel - https://store2.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR2524343698&pc=&page=OnePageCart.htm

I'm having exactly the same problem with my disc. As soon as it loads it comes up with a window that says "processing, please wait". I left it for half an hour and the message was gone, I changed a couple of preferences then got the same message. I got bored after another 40 or so minutes and gave up. Unfortunately I bought this disc today while I was passing through Sydney (I live in NZ). So I've just spent $90 Aussie dollars for a disc that doesn't work. Woopie! I could have better spent my money on a cheap hooker. I might have got syphilis, but at least I would have got some enjoyment first. Boo!

Also the same problem for me

It just hangs on please wait processing screen and I can't do anything else, I have to resort to turning my computer off, i've already reinstalled it twice!

I'm running a quite high endish iMac so it definitely meets the requirements.

Can you try deleting the 'Sports Interactive' folders from the following locations and relaunching the app:

User > Library > Caches

User > Library > Preferences

User > Library > Logs

I've already tried all of that and no luck.

Got new copy, same thing...

Nothing wrong with my mac, so I won't buy a new one to try this on.

I have installed many bigger games then this (WoW, Sims 3) and have had no bother at all.

Can someone sort this mess up, driving 6miles each time to try a new copy is getting on my tits.

• SI Staff
"Football manager 2010 10.1.0f84847 has stopped working"

i'm getting this but i'm using a mac (with no internet just straight of the disc), after a few hours of play this came up, can anyone explian?

At what point did this happen please?

Are any of you able to cmd+tab out of the full screen mode while this is happening?

No, but when I left the machine for half an hour or so it was ok. I went to the preferences menu which was ok, and made some changes. As soon as I went back to the main menu, it immediately freezed up again.

• SI Staff
was in the middle of a friendly game (just past half time, mayb 55min) with Kuba (Russian team) and it just dumped out.

Ok thanks, i'll look into this, the crash will probably not recreate so you should be able to continue with your save. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm continuing to look into the other issue as well, thanks for your patience and apologies for the trouble.

• SI Staff
No, but when I left the machine for half an hour or so it was ok. I went to the preferences menu which was ok, and made some changes. As soon as I went back to the main menu, it immediately freezed up again.

Thanks Andee, thats could be very useful. Can all of you experiencing this issue post your full system specs please?

Thanks Andee, thats could be very useful. Can all of you experiencing this issue post your full system specs please?

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

Ok thanks, i'll look into this, the crash will probably not recreate so you should be able to continue with your save. Apologies for the inconvenience.

I'm continuing to look into the other issue as well, thanks for your patience and apologies for the trouble.

thats cool. am trying again from my saved game. will let you know if i have any more problems

which question, i'm getting the pac as we speak, what will it do exactly?

• SI Staff
thats cool. am trying again from my saved game. will let you know if i have any more problems

which question, i'm getting the pac as we speak, what will it do exactly?

The patch updates the game, it basically sorts out a few bugs and data issues and updates the match engine

Archived