"Unable to find some essential data"

Re-downloaded the game as I had this error earlier.

After two hours re-downloading I launched the game and get the SAME DAMN error.

"Unable to find some essential data, please ensure the game is installed correctly"

I'm on steam on windows 7

PLEASE HELP :confused::confused::confused:

1-Load Steam

2-From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.

3-Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.

4-Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes.

5-Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

edit : snap slipknot67 beat my by seconds

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I bought the game in a supermarket, I installed it without Steam, offline.

The installation runs and finishes perfectly. But the when I want to run the game (FM.exe), I get the message "unable to find some essential datas".

It's been almost two weeks and I can't play with my game that costed me 55€ ! My friend used cracked versions and are playing !

It's very frustrating !

What can I do ?

All my drivers are up to date and my computer is almost new (bought it on the 2nd of November!)

Hello,

The installation runs and finishes perfectly. But the when I want to run the game (FM.exe), I get the message "unable to find some essential datas".

It's been almost two weeks and I can't play with my game that costed me 55€ ! My friend used cracked versions and are playing !

It's very frustrating !

What can I do ?

All my drivers are up to date and my computer is almost new (bought it on the 2nd of November!)

Hey i think i found the solution to our problem , it worked in my case atleast, while installing offline , switch off your internet modem , ie remain disconnected to the internet , it works then

Hello,

It's very frustrating !

What can I do ?

I have the same problem. Not steam, was a download from GAME.

So, installs without any problems and I can log into Byte Shsield which then says "launching application". When that closes the Error pops up.

I've uninstalled and removed all files/folders in Appdata as well as program files(x86) - I am using 64bit if that makes any difference.

Please help.

Thanks Matt, but when you go to that link none of the error messages I have give any results - even one's that are really common here.

If you go to the "more support options" page Sega can't even get their own phone numbers right. They've used the same number for Ireland as UK, but without changing the international dialling code, so most people who didn't see that would be screwed. Also, do we really want to be phoning international numbers for support?

Purchasing this game has been a rubbish experience. My first and last online game.

:(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure you're running the game and/or editor from their default location -- if you move the executable file outside the folder, it gives you that error. If you want to run it from the desktop or start menu or games menu, use "Create Shortcut" don't just drag the executable to your desktop.

• 9 months later...

im suffering from the same problem! ive tried all the above soloutions and still nothing, however my situation is:

Im using an acer aspire one netbook 250gb

The version of fm2012 i have is a torrent

I dont know the slightest thing about this sort of stuff, please help?

cheers

dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to play FM 2010 and I've installed it through Steam. The game itself runs and I can import edited files from my other machine. The only thing that will not run is the data editor. I get the "Unable to find some essential data" error. This is a fresh install (in fact, I've checked the cache and reinstalled it 2-3 times so far) on a new Windows 7 laptop. The laptop can run the game without a problem.

I get a further error that says the editor cannot find the default database. Does this mean anything to anyone? Has this problem come up before? I'd really like to get the editor working on my laptop.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...

I bought this game from the supermarket last week rather than online. I kept getting the missing essential data error. I reinstalled numerous times and tried everything. Eventually i found fix and its very simple. Find fm.exe in the football manager 2012 folder (program files, sega, football manager 2012) right click on fm.exe and click on properties,then go to compatibility and find the part where it says Run this program in compatibility mode for: and untick the box next to that and click apply/ok. This worked for me, i dont know whether it will work for steam users though. Hope this helps anyway:).

Archived