Ok, Customer service for a Mac user, please

I downloaded via eSellerate with the linl provided by the invoice; I extracted the Setup file, and when I click the setup, nothing happens. I hope someone knows something about this and I'm not ignored because I have a Mac :(

And also something else that hasn't been answered to me yet: I didnt see the huge Mac bug where games randomly crashed when on 3D match (lots of people complained, it happens even with 5 star rating and mods said it would be fixed). Has it been fixed?

Thank you for your time.

• SI Staff

Can you try moving the setup app to your Applications folder and trying from there?

The match engine crash is very rare (and the star rating doesn't make any difference with it) and I haven't seen it occur for a long time with the patch code.

• SI Staff
Ok, thanks about the crash.

About the setup, I took it to the App folder, nothing. I've just paid for this :(

Can you open 'Console' and try starting the app and post the message it gives you? I have a feeling this will be to do with the permissions with your drive/user

• SI Staff

Ok, if you have access to an external hard drive you can get round this by moving the setup app there and running it from the HD. I believe there is some code you can enter in Terminal to get round it as well but i'll have to look into that some more. Unfortunately this isn't an issue we have encountered on any internal Macs or on my home machine either so bear with me. Many apologies for the inconvenience.

I believe I had this problem with the demo. I don't remember how I got around it, but I think I had to try to install it from/into a separate folder. Hope I don't run into this as a big problem when the zip is done downloading for me.

Also, is the file really only 973 MB? I feel like that is small?

• SI Staff

No thats about right Alex :)

Ok, the code I was referring to seems to be something called the chmod command. I'm gonna try and work out exactly how to apply it to this problem but it might be worth having a quick google Twellman to see if you can get there quicker than me, apologies again for the inconvenience :)

The installer "expands"; you know, it does the shadow opening thingy like its about to start, and then nothing. I've tried even moving it to the Dock, and when I click it it doesnt bounce, just the one time and then nothing. I try the setup for the demo and it works :(

Ohhh YES. I had tried the external hard drive I bought, over $200. Nothing.

I happened to realize that I had a 4GB thumb drive, put it there and tried it.

Installing as we speak.

Wow, thank God for the keychain thumb drive and so much for the external one lol

Thanks to everyone who tried to help; two hours later but I got it going.

Ok, I have another problem now. I downloaded from the link given through the eSellerate invoice, and when I installed, it took me to the checkout to buy it again. I closed it after not seeing any place where to put the serial key, and now when I open FM after the patch it gives me the No CD error and doesnt let me do anything else other than exit. What am I supposed to do...?

Man!

Ohhh YES. I had tried the external hard drive I bought, over $200. Nothing.

I happened to realize that I had a 4GB thumb drive, put it there and tried it.

Installing as we speak.

Wow, thank God for the keychain thumb drive and so much for the external one lol

Thanks to everyone who tried to help; two hours later but I got it going.

Ok, I have another problem now. I downloaded from the link given through the eSellerate invoice, and when I installed, it took me to the checkout to buy it again. I closed it after not seeing any place where to put the serial key, and now when I open FM after the patch it gives me the No CD error and doesnt let me do anything else other than exit. What am I supposed to do...?

Man!

You do not have to install the patch after installing the game. The eSellerate version is already patched. I think you'll have to uninstall and install again, sorry.

Really? Mine says 10.1 in the "game status" screen and I did not install the patch.

Anyway, after installing the game, close the window where it asks you to buy the game again, the main screen will open, and on the bottom left corner an "Activate" button will appear. Click on it and paste the serial that eSellerate gave you and you are done.

Ok, finally got it going. Didn't realize the serial number for eSellerate also included the words next to it :S

Alright guys, I think I'm set. What a night...

Thanks again to everyone. You might want to tell someone about how to fix the Mac problem in the technical problems sticky, Antpo :)

hey - i've got the entire serial and it still doesn't work... what is confusing to me is that everything works.. i can start a new game.. but i'm clicking on 'activate' on the first screen and entering it there. do i even need to be?

@Antpocolypsenow

Please don't ask your customers to place the setup.app into their Applications folder as this won't get anyone anywhere, and will just end up filling up their Applications folder with unnecessary bloat. This is considered bad practice.

The issue here was a 'permission denied' issue which is to do with the rights the user has when trying to run your application. Since the Applications folder is a system wide folder it is very unlikely the user will have the appropriate permissions to do whats required, even if this wasn't considered bad practice.

The best place you can advise someone to move the setup application to is to the root of there home folder. This folder belongs to them, and is the only area on the filesystem where that user will have the full read-write permissions required.

• SI Staff
hey - i've got the entire serial and it still doesn't work... what is confusing to me is that everything works.. i can start a new game.. but i'm clicking on 'activate' on the first screen and entering it there. do i even need to be?

If you check your game status screen does it say the game is activated?

Archived