WHAT? You must be kidding!!!!

So there I am, racing into Tesco Aylesbury at 10 minutes past the wolfing hour to get my copy of 2010. I see 5 guys in football shirts coming from the games aisle. "Come for FM then?" I enquire happily. They mumble something incoherrent and carry on out the door. I don't think anything of it and make my way past the stacks of console games to the PC section. I see 2010 and grab it!! Man, at last. Oh no! Its ChampMan 2010. Quickly I return it to the shelf. Where is it? Where is it? I see FIFA, and FM09, but no 2010. What is going on?

I rush around a Tesco that resembles a ghost town, looking for a member of staff. I find a lady and ask her if she can get me 2010. She says Gary the merchandiser can help, he's outside having a fag, and she'll go and get him. Great! I wait a few minutes, and she returns alone. "Gary says the game is only being released at 8am." Huh? "What? You serious? It says you're supposed to be selling copies from 00h01." She looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Well, we normally only do midnight releases for BIG games, and this isn't considered a big enough game for such a release, so come back at 8am." I am speechless! I don't know what to say. I mumble something about FM being one of the best selling games of all time, before sulking off to get some Ben&Jerrys and Pickled Onion Monster Munch. Guess it's going to have to be a digital download then.

Please SI, if you are going to put a list of stores on the forum that will sell the game at midnight, tell them about it. Not happy as you can guess.

FM not big enough?! It's one of the best selling games on the market isn't it, it always seems to be top of the pc charts whenever I look.

Pre-order online with someone like shopto.net next time, instead of relying on these hopeless stores, thought it was too good to be true for them to be selling FM at midnight, hope you get it in the morning.

This is madness so many problems launching the game now this with people being led to stores which arn't even selling it. A whole year to put the foundations in place for a trouble free release and then all this. Not acceptable at all. I feel its my duty to come off Fm which i've finally downloaded from Steam to say my piece. Im sorry if its over the top.

This is madness so many problems launching the game now this with people being led to stores which arn't even selling it. A whole year to put the foundations in place for a trouble free release and then all this. Not acceptable at all. I feel its my duty to come off Fm which i've finally downloaded from Steam to say my piece. Im sorry if its over the top.

Hi,

Apologies for the problems with this. We at SEGA work with the supermarkets, and all the retailers, all year on many titles. We were given a list by Tesco of stores that we were told would be stocking it. It seems that some of them are not.

Without looking like passing the buck, and people on here know I'll hold my hands up if it's a SEGA error, that's down to the retailer saying they will do it and not then following through with the promise. And all I can say is I will speak to them about it tomorrow.

Sorry that you, and others have been disappointed by it

Thanks

Ben

It is over the top.

Would be interested to know what Tesco had to say about it. It's not all the Tesco's I have to say - might be worth compiling a list.

I went to Highwoods Tesco Colchester, and they brought it out on time - well 5 mins late.

Don't know how they can say its not a big game. Wasn't FM09 the 2nd best selling PC game of all time?!

So there I am, racing into Tesco Aylesbury at 10 minutes past the wolfing hour to get my copy of 2010. I see 5 guys in football shirts coming from the games aisle. "Come for FM then?" I enquire happily. They mumble something incoherrent and carry on out the door. I don't think anything of it and make my way past the stacks of console games to the PC section. I see 2010 and grab it!! Man, at last. Oh no! Its ChampMan 2010. Quickly I return it to the shelf. Where is it? Where is it? I see FIFA, and FM09, but no 2010. What is going on?

I rush around a Tesco that resembles a ghost town, looking for a member of staff. I find a lady and ask her if she can get me 2010. She says Gary the merchandiser can help, he's outside having a fag, and she'll go and get him. Great! I wait a few minutes, and she returns alone. "Gary says the game is only being released at 8am." Huh? "What? You serious? It says you're supposed to be selling copies from 00h01." She looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Well, we normally only do midnight releases for BIG games, and this isn't considered a big enough game for such a release, so come back at 8am." I am speechless! I don't know what to say. I mumble something about FM being one of the best selling games of all time, before sulking off to get some Ben&Jerrys and Pickled Onion Monster Munch. Guess it's going to have to be a digital download then.

Please SI, if you are going to put a list of stores on the forum that will sell the game at midnight, tell them about it. Not happy as you can guess.

Hatfield is the closest one to you I think. That's from the list I saw of ones that will be opening at least.

Went to one of those Tesco stores mentioned in the above list, got there saw nothing icon9.gif

Asked a bloke working there, who had a word with someone else who said ''We will have it on the shelf ummm 8 in the morning'' icon8.gif

Took a gamble at another Tesco's and they had a bundle of them on display icon6.gif

Seems tesco are a bit cluleless to be honest. Not a big enough game! Although it seems to be the stores fault and not SI/Sega it seems that there has been a lack of communication between SI/Sega and the mega stores but I could be wrong! I mean its good that some games were brought out early but for some people to get there game all of two days early and some people go to Tesco at midnight on a Thursday and being told to come back later. Something seems a miss somewhere. More set rules/dialogue seems the order of the day! :)

The other day went to pick up the new PES at Tesco's.

Everyone had to line up at midnight, got to the till grabbed the Xbox version asked for the PC version aswell and they mumbled only one game per customer! Talk about rationing.

Anyway waited and got to the till again and said PC version of the game, they looked in the card-box and said ''nah we don't have any pc versions'', jokers!

PC games are not being valued as they once was.

Well, Gamers Gate doesn't have the game available for download yet. So it's not just the boxed version in stores giving people the run-around.

This year, SI has got everything right -- the game, the dates, the patch ready on time. Everything. Perfection.

And then the distributors totally F everything up for everyone.

Cripes.

You all should have gone to shopto.net. I did and have been playing the game since wednesday. I don't think you should ever go to high street shop like tesco\asda for your games because 9 times out of 10 I think you'll be disapointed. I remember a couple of years ago when the release date was brought forward because certain retailers were selling the game early going along to my local asda and was told that the game hadn't been released yet even though it was!

Archived