Netbook skin

As far as I can recall, there's never been an official netbook skin released. And, I don't expect there to be at this moment in time for FM 10 as our current skinning priorities lie elsewhere. If this changes however, you will be informed. What I will say is that with more and more people playing FM on a netbook, this is something that we will definitely review in the future.

In the meanwhile, your best bet is to go to http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=110307&highlight=netbook.

Have to admit, I am a bit surprised that SI haven't included a skin that caters for Netbook users seeing as there are more and more of the things around.

There simply was not any time to do one this year; it was time consuming enough to create two derivations of an entirely new skin. Not to mention our plans to release the 09 skin..

What I can say is repeat what I said earlier - this is definitely something we will review in the future, because as you say more and more people are experiencing FM through a netbook each year and so it would make sense for us to cater to these users at some point in the future.

There simply was not any time to do one this year; it was time consuming enough to create two derivations of an entirely new skin. Not to mention our plans to release the 09 skin..

What I can say is repeat what I said earlier - this is definitely something we will review in the future, because as you say more and more people are experiencing FM through a netbook each year and so it would make sense for us to cater to these users at some point in the future.

Good to hear it - although I don't know how many testers there are with netbooks :D

To be fair, Michael made a bloomin' good job of last years so I don't think there's any big rush!

On the plus side, that'd let me play it on my mum's netbook which she'd be happy about :D

Good to hear it - although I don't know how many testers there are with netbooks :D

To be fair, Michael made a bloomin' good job of last years so I don't think there's any big rush!

On the plus side, that'd let me play it on my mum's netbook which she'd be happy about :D

Here's one netbook user..

FM 2010 will work when changing the file source with -windowed -small_screen, however it's impossible to continue through press conferences since you cannot see and thus click any of the options..

Hope a solution (skin) will come quickly

Dave

• 5 months later...

Not enough time? Tip: employ enough people and you won't have this problem. :thup:

In simple terms: Employ more people = higher costs = more expensive game (> fewer sales > reduced profit/revenue...)

Who do you think knows better, and knows more about their company, their product and their priorities - them or you?

;)

In simple terms: Employ more people = higher costs = more expensive game (> fewer sales > reduced profit/revenue...)

Who do you think knows better, and knows more about their company, their product and their priorities - them or you?

;)

Nah - it doesn't mean a more expensive game - the decision on sales price would have been made long ago. It simply means adjustment on budget. Basically they need to weigh up whether they want to spend more money on making the product more enjoyable for their clients. The answer seems to be a resounding "no".

As a consumer of the product I am allowed to voice my opinion, and a company that doesn't listen to the feedback of the consumer will not be around very long. Considering this renders your comment about "who knows better" absolutely laughable. Actually the blend of arrogance and ignorance in your post made me cringe badly.

Wasn't it Bertrand Russell who said "The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt"? In some ways you highlight that very effectively in your post. :thup:

Archived