Tescos at midnight...my ass!

so much for being availible at tescos from midnight.

my local store tescos extra pitsea (largest uk store) have heard nothing about it, not one person knew what i was on about...

lovely post si thanks for wasting 2 15 minute trips to and from tescos in the middle of the night.

how about next time you list that a store will be selling a product from a specific time, you ensure they are actually aware of it, will save wasting my time and the other 40 odd people standing around like plums

my local store tescos extra pitsea (largest uk store) have heard nothing about it, not one person knew what i was on about...

lovely post si thanks for wasting 2 15 minute trips to and from tescos in the middle of the night.

how about next time you list that a store will be selling a product from a specific time, you ensure they are actually aware of it, will save wasting my time and the other 40 odd people standing around like plums

Hi,

We at SEGA recieved that list from TESCO directly and I will be taking it up with them in the morning. Apologies for the inconvenience but i'm afraid it's Tesco not keeping their promise rather than SI

Apologies again

Ben

Sorry that you were inconvenienced, if the store were one of the ones listed then they should certainly have had the game available from midnight. Hope you manage to get hold of it soon :)

to be fair they probably did, the guy on the electrical desk looked about as bright as a doorstop.

very annoying though, gotta get some kip around 2 gotta go in for op in morning so ill be unable to get it untill mobile again.

funny, torn ligaments dont seem that painfull in the game lol, guess ill have to wait till mid week :(

Don't worry, I've been to:

ASDA: Told it's not out until next week. That made me laugh. So me, my mate and about 8 other people just came here for jokes then?

Tesco: Doesn't sell PC games. Great, that's perfect.

Sainburys: Closed

Morrisons: Closed

1 hour of looking around and I don't have a copy, :(. Oh well. Bit annoyed right now, not that I don't have FM, but that non of the "big 4" supermarket chains were able to provide me with one of the biggest game releases this year.

Sorry if this was in the wrong place but I had to vent it out. :D. Ahhh, all better.

When i phoned the local Tesco's near me, I got told the same. They will not be selling the game untill the morning. Even though it was on the list ...?

TESCO STORES LIMITED
BURNLEY EXTRA 2186
CENTENARY WAY
FINSLEY GATE
BURNLEY
LANCASHIRE
BB11 2HE
FORMAT: EXTRA
TEL: 0845 6779787

I would have taken that up with Tescho GUmp. On FM website if the store was on the list then they had to bring out the game, as surely that was the agreement with SI

Just to reiterate, this is a publishing thing rather than a dev thing, so it's SEGA that have had the conversations with TESCO, and will be again tomorrow...

asda are just as bad, i phoned twice and i went on a 22 mile round journey for it and did they have it, no, twice i rang them, i went ballistic, someone will be getting sacked tomorrow coz of this, and i wasnt the only person tonight either, least 6 people have gone there tonight and we all making complaints tomorrow and getting some kinda discount

I would have taken that up with Tescho GUmp. On FM website if the store was on the list then they had to bring out the game, as surely that was the agreement with SI

i dont blame si, sega or tescos, jus the people tescos hire, who told me they dont know where the game is in the warehouse.

For fk sake!!!! I rang up my local ASDA earlier on today to ask if theyd have FM2010 avaiable to buy at midnight....I turn up 10 mins early....turns out they DONT SELL PC GAMES!!!!......A 45 minute trip on my bike in the middle of the night only to find out i got told an out right lie!!!! I actually tried to track down the ***** who i spoke to on the phone.....turns out he finished his shift :/ grrr gonna have to do another trip in the morning then :/ Anybody know a superstore who still sell pc games?

"ASDA: Told it's not out until next week. That made me laugh. So me, my mate and about 8 other people just came here for jokes then?"

ASDA do have football manager 2010, however individual stores have discretion as to what they can put out on their shelves (unless a specific contract deal was made between ASDA and SEGA that states all stores or most must stock it) so some may not shelf football manager if it doesnt sell well (unlikely lol). however whoever told you it wasnt out til next week obviously was:

1) a new start who was in doubt

2) a lazy staff member

3) someone hiding the last copy of footie manager for themselves

4) or simply someone who has their date completely wrong lol (he's probably still waiting on fm2009 lol)

anyway, my advice is to go back and see another member of staff from home and leisure :) hope you get your copy!

Don't worry, I've been to:

ASDA: Told it's not out until next week. That made me laugh. So me, my mate and about 8 other people just came here for jokes then?

Tesco: Doesn't sell PC games. Great, that's perfect.

Sainburys: Closed

Morrisons: Closed

1 hour of looking around and I don't have a copy, :(. Oh well. Bit annoyed right now, not that I don't have FM, but that non of the "big 4" supermarket chains were able to provide me with one of the biggest game releases this year.

Sorry if this was in the wrong place but I had to vent it out. :D. Ahhh, all better.

All seems like a lot of effort when you can just buy it via steam for £2 more and be patched and playing in 30 mins. :D

i got my copy from tesco 40 mins ago, updating the game with the patch the now throught stream, it cost me £27 outta tesco,

i was at my local tesco at seacroft which was also on your list at midnight only to be told they did not have it, this was even after phoning them to make sure itwas going to be on sale to which i was told midnight.fortunate for my there was an asda 2mins away that did have it.

Moneyhero, go to ASDA in eastgate.

They will have it

cheers mate, im in for tonight now, ill get my little sis to pick it up from there tomo i think gotta eat and get to bed before 2.

was gonna go there first but thought tescos closer ..oh well, seems like im not the only one,

although looks like its not s.i 's fault

hope you all enjoy it...when you find somewhere willing to take your money lol

Moneyhero, go to ASDA in eastgate.

They will have it

Pre-ordered the game from play.com

arrived on the doorstep this morning around 9 o'clock, the day before release. Can't be bad :)

i avoided this as last time i pre ordered my postie dident turn up till 2pm on release day, and this year for obvious postie reasons, seems liek it all went fine though

Southend Tescos are currently selling this is where I got mine

Ffs, went in there en route home from work and no sign of it. Couldn't be bothered with a 'football what 2010?' conversation with the old bird lurking nearby and left, can't have missed the shelf stacking by long.

On the plus side if you go first thing tomorrow morning you'll get the freshly cooked pastries. Mmmmm pastries. :D

I had to get the guy to bring out the promotional stand... I stressed that it was on website they were selling it at midnight but he (duty manager) knew nothing about it!!!!!

Went to Tesco at 11:30 at a massive store and it was practically empty. The electronic departmant was upstairs. I asked the guy at the department and he said I had to wait half an hour, so I spent half an hour just browsing a few isles and he had to wait untill 00:00! I guess it was tesco policy not to give them out before midnight but surely a bit of common sense and discretion should have prevailed and they could have given it a bit early!

For all the people who tried but could not get it, tomorrow will come. If it makes you feel any better by the time ive installed it, downloaded the patch, and de-fraged the game via game booster I won't be starting my game untill tomorrow! :)

Hey, I don't want to belittle your frustrations with not being able to buy FM2010 at midnight at your local supermarket, I just find it funny that there are some countries (including mine) where the game isn't even sold in stores, even video and computer game specialty stores.

Over the last 2 days I went to 12-13 different stores, yesterday around 3pm I decided Ill give it one last go, rang up Xtravision video store, some French girl answered and I asked do they have it, she said yes, so I hung up and drove over. There was a guy behind the counter staring at the game about to say sorry not till tomorrow, I quickly handed the money over and grabbed the game. It felt like I was carrying 5kilos of cocain through Mexico! :D :D

Largest UK Tesco extra is at Hastings :D

I went into Tesco's in Bathgate Scotland at 12pm last night only to be told the game wasnt getting released until 8am. I then went back at 8am this morning and they only had a handfull of copies left. The lady at the checkout said to me these have been selling like hotcakes for ages. Not impressed with tesco. Someone needs there backside kicked!!

My local Tesco as well, the shop is a bloody shambles. Funnily enough went down there this morning to get my copy (dunno why as my games PC isn't working and needs repairing!), and the shop was in the middle of being evacuated :p Me thinks it could be angry FM fans! I know last year when FM09 came out it took that particular store ages to even stock the game. They very rarely have any new releases out on a Friday, I have complained countless number of times to the numpty who runs the show down there but it seems that nobody listens. I did actually work in that particular Tesco store in the entertainments section, I only lasted less than a week because the woman who was working on there was a misery, remember it was when a major cd release came out I said to her "Better make sure we get this out today as people are going to want it." she replied "No not yet as if we put it out now, we'll have to keep stocking it up, let the night shift do it, and if anybody asks if it's out yet say we've not recieved it yet." I ended up having a barney with her because her attitude was abysmal, but then that is the attitude of most of the people who work in that particular store.

Archived