Horror Injury!!

As Derby, beginning of season 4, my centre-back Michael Johnson has just got a 'damaged spine' and is out for 12 months icon_redface.gif

Which at the age of 35 and plans to retire at the end of the season, is basically career ending.

Anyone else have tales of horror injuries? Discuss. icon_smile.gif

As Derby, beginning of season 4, my centre-back Michael Johnson has just got a 'damaged spine' and is out for 12 months icon_redface.gif

Which at the age of 35 and plans to retire at the end of the season, is basically career ending.

Anyone else have tales of horror injuries? Discuss. icon_smile.gif

All in one session icon_eek.gif Sounds like someone went overboard with the tackling.

Got another one, this time playing as Lyon. Hatem Ben Afra has just returned to training from a shin injury, and on the same day in his first training session gets a fractured skull and is now out for another 7 months icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

just started a new game with Liverpool, few days in and Harry Kewell (yes I know hes got a reputation but) damaged his cruciate ligaments and is out for 13 MONTHS!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is bad, even for him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eddy505:

On 06 i had a player similar style retiring at the end of year and he got a slipped disc 13months out.He retired then saying in the news that the injury ended his career which i guess is a good touch,no? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i think it is, but it has not happened yet in my game.

more of a team horror injury...

about a season ago, i had three players simultaneously injured in the 5th minute...then a few games ago, again in the champions league, 3 players simultaneously injured in the 4th minute, then another in the 30th, which was effectively a red card as i had no more subs remaining icon_frown.gif

Yer, I've got 13 players currently injured at the moment, and its due to my training. I need help, when i try and lower the training level from like maximum to medium, and then move to another menu, and come back its back at maximum. How do i get it to change and go revert back? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

I think injuries are unrealistic, i get a stupid amount of injuries every season.

And mainly i get them in games and i generally dont use hard tackling, infact i got 3 players injured in one game and all were out for atleast 2 months.

Lee Bowyer has been my worst for 9 months.

Also some players constantly get injured, Kerlon and a player called Felipe always seem to get injured over and over then get a few games then its injury time again.

• SI Staff

King-Reo-Coker : Can you give a little more info about how you play the game pls?

* Have you customised training (if so how?)

* What is the average age of your players (and do you rest youngers or play them a lot?)

* Do you frequently play people with 'slight' injuries?

* When a player takes a knock in match do you take him off? (as this can help avoid it turning into a major injury)

Thanks,

Marc

The injuries in the game are so stupid!! I just got 4 basic players injured on 1!!! training day, all for more than a month. I now have a total of 9 injuries. All my best players. Why is that so unrealistic???? There really should be done something about it in FMH 08, I think many people are disappointed in so much injuries every time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

King-Reo-Coker : Can you give a little more info about how you play the game pls?

* Have you customised training (if so how?)

* What is the average age of your players (and do you rest youngers or play them a lot?)

* Do you frequently play people with 'slight' injuries?

* When a player takes a knock in match do you take him off? (as this can help avoid it turning into a major injury)

Thanks,

Marc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Becaue of injuries i tried turning down training as in so they owuldnt get injuries that way, which o be honest i dont recieve many ninjuries in training, certainly not long term ones.

I play with West Ham and basically have the original squad with a few added players. i play no plsyers over the age of 30 and infact nearly all are at most 25.

I never start players who are unfit or who are low on fitness.

When a player takes a knock in a game they are straight off, infact i like to make 3 subs in a game and take off those who's fitness (or whatever its called drops the lowest out of theam). Infact i like to take of players before they reacy 79 at the latest!

Great... icon_frown.gif

Just signed steven gerrard for melb victory at the start of the season, was doing great, scored a few crackers, even a header icon_eek.gif. This is in his retiring season may i add, had to sign him because even as an aussie man utd fan he is my fave and arguably the best player in the world...Anyways, not even halfway through the season, gerrard decides to damage his cruciate ligaments, out for 7 months, effectively ending his season and career prematurely icon_frown.gif

I signed a player called Andy Monkhouse on a free, he injured his ankle ligaments in his first training session, 1 month out, when he recovered to 100% fitness i put him on as a sub and lasted just 4 minutes and was out for 2 more months, once again when he recovered he managed 3 games before breaking his leg and would be out for 9 months. He retired at the end of the season because of injury aged 27.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chuz:

5 players injured simultaneously in 7th minute!!!!!!!!!

NOT COOL! Basically all subs used and down to 9 men for remaining 83 minutes...got a 1-1 draw tho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this has something to do with fitness it happens in my pre season asian champs league because i forget to put the fitness training intensive ... but maybe not, not sure

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I play with West Ham and basically have the original squad with a few added players. i play no plsyers over the age of 30 and infact nearly all are at most 25. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This might be the cause of your heavy injuries - if you're over-playing* young players (23 and under) then they will pick up more than the average amount of injuries.

This is normally the case more so for players under 21 than others incidentally and most especially for teenagers.

*The levels for 'over-playing' players varies from player to player, you can normally detect problems via. comments on their profiles or slowing down of their recovery rates/heightened drops in condition during matches.

For very young players (ie. 16 year olds) try and rest them every other match or so.

Archived