How do I get the new 75+ achievement feature

I read or heard that there is a way to get this, but has to do something with Steam, I need a link to see if I can get it if I buy the game physically (a real hard copy) like from a game shop, I don't want to download like from Steam.

I read or heard that there is a way to get this, but has to do something with Steam, I need a link to see if I can get it if I buy the game physically (a real hard copy) like from a game shop, I don't want to download like from Steam.

If you buy a physical game, you can activate it using Steam (so no need to download the game), and you'll be able to have the X-box style achievements.

To get the achievents feature to work I am pretty sure that you have to activate the game through steam otherwise its not available.

Edit. GillsMan beat me to the answer. Obviously I'll have to learn to type faster ;)

Hi,

You can buy a noraml copy from a shop and then activate it though STEAM and that will give you access to the achievements. You'll also get auto patching.

Thanks

Ben

Hi,

You can buy a noraml copy from a shop and then activate it though STEAM and that will give you access to the achievements. You'll also get auto patching.

Thanks

Ben

One more question...how long will this new feature be available for? Because I might not be buying the game till in a weeks time.

I installed it without steam, but havnt started playing is cos im waiting for the patch tomorrow. Is it worth reinstalling with steam to get these achievement things or are they really nothing special?

I am also interested to know the answer to this question

does anyone recommend using steam just for achievements?

Personally I think they're great - I know I'll enjoy them! You could wait a day or two for STEAM to calm down before activating, that way you would avoid the rush but still get the FM09 skin and achievements.

Even if you don't like them, they don't affect anything in the game. Purely bragging rights :D

Archived