FM09/10 Stadium expansion/development

How often do boards permit the development of a club's stadium usually? I have only ever had a few thousand seats added to Hillsborough Stadium after taking Sheffield Wednesday on to conquer the Premier League and Europe. My question relates more to lower league teams.

If I were to start with a 1500 seater stadium in the BSN and then progress to the Championship where I remained for three/four years, would they upgrade my stadium then - finances permitting? Or would it require a lengthy stagnation in the Premier League?

IIRC stadium upgrades are based on three main factors

- If you have enough expansion room for your stadium (ie. some simply cannot be expanded full-stop, others by only a couple of thousand)

- If you have enough finances for the expansion (which you already guessed at, but sometimes this is overridden)

- If your average attendance is at least 90% of capacity (I think its about 90% anyway, must be slightly different)

If you have no expansion room, but the board feels you can long-term finance it, you "might" get a new stadium built instead

Hope that helps

I was AFC Wimbledon in the Champ and had a few mill in the bank and the board never let me build more than 5,000 capacity. Was a bit **** really, and really holds you back making money off big crowds. I quit soon after as they kept selling my best players as well!!!

I was Leeds in 2033, we had suffered another fall from grace, and the board decreased the attendance from 39000 to 28,000, which is basically the equivalant of knocking our west stand down! We were getting full houses still, and after we recovered, they gave me a stadium expansion to 50000

I was AFC Wimbledon in the Champ and had a few mill in the bank and the board never let me build more than 5,000 capacity. Was a bit **** really, and really holds you back making money off big crowds. I quit soon after as they kept selling my best players as well!!!

You usually get an instant upgrade if you reach the premiership at least thats always been my experience with such situations.

I too AFC Telford to the Championship and the board upped my capacity from 6000 to 11000 as I was selling out every game. (FM09)

Currently have got Rossendale United from Unibond 1st Division North to Conference North (2X Champions) and the capacity is stuck at 2500. I only ever sell out for big Friendlies - only make 12K tops

• 1 month later...

Archived