Network game

I am trying with my mate to set up a network game. When try directly via FM10 Network connections it just does not connect. When we use Hamachi as a VPN it does but it is amazingly, horribly, unplayably slow. Before we get asked we both have very upto date hardware and both have high speed Broadband services. Any advice from anyone on how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated. As a minor whinge, why has this area (network connectivity) moved onf rom previous areas at all?

Because SI want you to pay for FML if you want to do multiplayer.

FML is a different game, I tried it and don't like it there is just no realism for me, I don't want to discuss that point it is just my opinion. I would happily pay for a high speed way of playing an online joint game with my mates of FM.

There is nothing wrong with the network game option and is easy if you know what you are doing.

I think I know what I am doing. So what is it that I could possibly be doing wrong? Do I need to change firewalls etc? I am looking for help!

we played FM 09 with 3 people on varying network connections and had no problems (with the exception of the host's missus dusting and KOing the router once!)

Lucky you...I have now set up everything as instructed by the website...so hopefully. Though cant try it yet as mate has pacth and I dont!

Yes you select FM06 as it is the same ports.

I tried to do it and followed the instructions and it made my internet crash,Thankfully i got it back and it is working fine again now will i just be able to do a network game fine if i unplug my router for when i try and do the Network game?

Archived