Online Manual

Good! Something to do to tick away the time!

Hi,

Apologies for the silence on this one.

The online manual is, as you can see, now live. It's got videos within as to try to give a better idea, as well as screens obviously. It's searchable and, I think, represents a big improvement over the in box manual.

A couple of things that are yet to happen:

1) hyperlinks are to be added

2) the whole manual will be printable as a pdf. We're having a little technical hitch with this (that being that it doesn't work). But it will work tomorrow, I'm assured, so my apologies for the delay on that.

I hope you enjoy it, and it helps

Thanks

Ben

Hi,

The online manual is, as you can see, now live. It's got videos within as to try to give a better idea, as well as screens obviously. It's searchable and, I think, represents a big improvement over the in box manual.

2) the whole manual will be printable as a pdf. We're having a little technical hitch with this (that being that it doesn't work). But it will work tomorrow, I'm assured, so my apologies for the delay on that.

Thanks

Ben

Cheers for the info :)

Looking forward to the pdf as well. I just prefer to have it on paper, so I can read it without having to sit in front of a screen. :)

Half the forum is made up of stickies currently. :D

Though tbf the manual actually deserves a sticky as well (doesn't need to be my thread of course)(I'll still owe you a keg of beer if you do it :D). I guess quite a few people will miss the link above with the forum being so busy that this thread is constantly in danger of dropping out of the first page even... especially as the Useful Links and FAQ sticky thread does not even contain a link itself.

Bad news for me also when I've discovered that the manual included with the game only includes instalation and "how to start" instructions. I would love having full manual in paper :(

Me too! I take it with mefor when im bored on a break or out and about and get an urge for FM and this is kinda like a nicorette patch for smokers lol :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks

Ben

Is there any update on when we will be able to download the whole manual? Or am I being stupid and not being able to work out how to do it?

Hi,

Thanks

Ben

Sorry, I can't find the printable version of the entire manual either.

This is my very first Football Manager and to have the manual physically in my hands would make it much easier to get accustomed to the game.

Will there be a sticky for the pdf-version, or will it be explicilty linked at the online-manual-site?

Cheers

Hi,

I still can't find it. Am I too stupid?

I would like a downloadable FM10 manual so I can put it on a memory stick and bring it to work to read at lunch-time.

I can't read the online manual at work because the FM site is blocked at work.

Perhaps the FM10 online manual could be made downloadable as a pdf file.

I agree.

Also I find it a lot less comfortable to read it online, compared to having it on paper. Too bad that companies want to save that money now. :(

This, sometimes on the bog i like to read through it, see if there's anything i didn't know you could do etc...... I'm not taking the laptop.

Probably the most notable feature of the game is its complexity. For absolute beginners (like me) a physical manual is necessary to get into a game which is as complex as this one.

If this was Pacman, I would understand why there isn't a printable version (or already a manual in the box).

me too, mate. I have already written a PM to Ben (bcooper), but apparently, he hasn't been online since Nov 12th. Then I bothered Neil Brock (the guy who wrote the posts in the manual-sticky). He promised me to look into that, but I haven't received any other response than that yet.

I am still quite irritated over the fact that a pdf-manual wasn't even included on the disc, and that there is such a bad communication over this issue on the part of SI/Sega.

Any news on the manual in pdf?

Other games have the manual in pdf on the cd/dvd .

No, nothing yet. But the week has just started, so I'm confident that we'll get a response soon.

edit: [irony] it has only been three weeks since bcooper's announcement [/irony]

Sorry for being such a pain in the arse, but can please anyone from SI/Sega give an update when the manual will be available as a pdf?

It's been weeks since bcooper's announcement, my PM's to bcooper, Neil Brock and Matt-SEGA (in Matt's case just a few days), but I haven't heard anything yet.

I don't understand why it is so hard to give a reply, such as:

1. Yes, we are working on it, it will be available in week ...

2. Yes, we are working on it, but cannot say when it will be available.

3. No, a manual as pdf-file is not planned.

Please, make your pick. I understand that you are busy, but a short reply on that issue is not too much asked for, is it?

I'm sorry - appreciate that.

We tried to consider the best way to get a lot of content across to people in the most useful fashion and the online manual gives us a good opportunity to do that through use of video, links etc.

It's also great for the trees...;)

Cheers

Matt

Instructions online is one of those things called 'progress'. Call me old-fashioned, but not having written printed word in front of me while I scratch my head trying to work through something just isn't progress with any improvement on what once was. :D

'Convenience' for the supplier or the customer?? Hmmm. Or the trees?? :)

It wouldn't harm the trees either if you added a bit of content to the manual too :(

(on top of that I still find the environment argument a pretty lame excuse for saving lots of money in the future)

using the editor with just the manual as source of information is a nightmare. Quite a few additional threads are/were possible in the Editors' Hideaway which unfortunately don't cover everything which I need to know to make my own desired edit work.

:thdn:

Archived