Widescreen/Windowed on FM10

Hey,

So i bought a new laptop yesterday and it appears to be more widescreen than my last one (technical that i know......)

This new one is a 15.6" HD 1366 x 768 pixels.

I always play my FM in windowed mode and with the FM10 demo its a problem. The standard windowed mode doesnt fit in the screen (the FM window is too big and the bottom of the app window cuts off). I can make it go widescreen which sorts that but means that the player attributes need a scroll bar to see them all (which is a pain in the arse).

Is there an easy way to fix this?

To play in widescreen mode correctly you need to have a height greater than 768 pixels - you can try hiding the the windows taskbar, however the window border will still cost you 20 pixels.

Your options are to:

- Play in full-screen mode.

- Increase your screen resolution if possible.

- Switch to another skin (when they are released) that has a smaller header.

To play in windowed mode first create a desktop icon and then right click on this icon and select properties. Look for the target box and add the following line after the .exe

-windowed -small_screen so that it looks like this:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

If you got the demo through steam the path is slighly different and unfortunately I cant remember it exactly because I deleted it as soon as I got the full game but you'll find it in the target box so just add the line in bold above and it will work. I did this with the demo when I had it and it work fine and it works with the the full game as well.

To play in windowed mode first create a desktop icon and then right click on this icon and select properties. Look for the target box and add the following line after the .exe

-windowed -small_screen so that it looks like this:-

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" -windowed -small_screen

If you got the demo through steam the path is slighly different and unfortunately I cant remember it exactly because I deleted it as soon as I got the full game but you'll find it in the target box so just add the line in bold above and it will work. I did this with the demo when I had it and it work fine and it works with the the full game as well.

I used this method for FM 08 and before, but what is the difference between doing it this way and just selecting windowed mode in the preferences?

There is no difference, that method is just used when the game won't let you select windowed mode from within the preferences menu.

Cheers Michael and thanks for your first post too.

I am trying very hard not to get frustrated at SI at the moment, but between the release fiasco, the strange attitude to steam puting the wrong release date (ie "its a mistake by steam, not our problem"......eh you recomend steam, therefor yeh kinda is your problem mate!) and now to find that the game doesnt support a screen resolution/set up which is common on brand new laptops.......:thdn:

Here is hoping that some of the skin makers can produce something :thup:

1376x768 is obviously the native resolution but possibly, depending on the GPU installed you might be able to up that to something with a greater vertical size?

You are currently on WXGA 16:9 so you may be able to try other 16:9 options such as WXGA+ 1440x900 (16:10) or WSXGA 1600x900 16:9 and 1600x1024 (16:10)

You may have to go into your graphics card manufacturer software to force some of these settings so it's best to RTM of contact the vendor before you do this (or at the very least keep the refresh rate low before forcing a screen resolution that might not be supported)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived