Game arrived! Should I start now or wait for patch?

Very luckily I ordered off shopto.net and it arrived today :) Just reading around and saw a patch is probably coming out tomorrow. Really want to get stuck in now but is it worth committing to a game and getting really stuck in today if I'm going to have to start a new one tomorrow with a new patch (you can't play a save game from 10.0 on patch 10.1 right?). Or are the patch changes unlikely to be significant enough to wait?

Patches are compatible as always.

Some changes will require to start a new game though, for instance database issues and a few others.

Usually I wouldn't bother waiting for any patch to start a game, knowing that no game-breaking bugs have been found so far.

Just also knowing that the patch is just 24hrs away, I might as well just tinker around with the editor today and start the real thing just after getting the patch this time.

I wish I'd actually had the problem of having to take any decision on that :(

• SI Staff

Unless you are bothered about Carr being missing from the Birmingham squad then I would start now. You will be able to continue your saved game when the patch is released.

Like I have said else where, I would use the time to fiddle with tactic & creat shortlists etc.

You can then restart with a new save and use those, if you want to ensure you are playing a fully patched version.

Ter, as i guess the patch is finished already and you are just waiting for the game official release, it would be great if you could make public the patch changelist asap, so those with the game can know what will it contain and then decide if to wait or not for it before starting a new game.

Ter, as i guess the patch is finished already and you are just waiting for the game official release, it would be great if you could make public the patch changelist asap, so those with the game can know what will it contain and then decide if to wait or not for it before starting a new game.

This is a great idea, it will then show me if any big data changes have been made :D

Unless you are bothered about Carr being missing from the Birmingham squad then I would start now. You will be able to continue your saved game when the patch is released.

If I tinkered with any attributes in the editor, would the new patch reset this (obviously not during my current game)?

My proffesional ,and well thought out opinion would be...

Play it now...now now NOW!

Ill be off to asda at 12:01am to buy my copy and you can be sure i wll be playing...late night for me tonight.

I can honestly say i havent looked forward to a game so much as i am at the moment! Xmass has come early!

For me I'm waiting for the patch as after that I'd like to download some of the extra leagues that can be added by the new editor. These were mentioned in a couple of the blogs and will be found in the Editors Hideaway.

For now I'm just messing around going into holiday mode and having a general nosey around before my career game starts tomorrow.

What about Toni Brito Silva Sa for the Liverpool U18s?!

Archived