Steam and Achievements

Most of us know that Xbox 360 style achievements will be added to FM2010:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Football-Manager-2010-new-features-blog-Day-27-introducing-the-70-new-achievements-plus-TWO-new-game-videos-article184287.html

A couple of questions about this:

First up: Will people who ordered digitally through Steam have to activate the game in some way to get the achievements? If so how do we go about doing this? Is it something that just happens automatically when you install via Steam?

Second: Will Steam have to be running (ie will I have to launch the game through the Steam app) in order to play with achievements?

The reason I ask is that I normally buy through Steam, but then bypass Steam altogether by launching the game from a shortcut I place on the desktop. Will doing this affect the ability to collect achievements?

The reason I ask is that I'm really looking forward to the whole achievement thing - It's a nice little touch.

Most of us know that Xbox 360 style achievements will be added to FM2010:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Football-Manager-2010-new-features-blog-Day-27-introducing-the-70-new-achievements-plus-TWO-new-game-videos-article184287.html

A couple of questions about this:

First up: Will people who ordered digitally through Steam have to activate the game in some way to get the achievements? If so how do we go about doing this? Is it something that just happens automatically when you install via Steam?

Second: Will Steam have to be running (ie will I have to launch the game through the Steam app) in order to play with achievements?

The reason I ask is that I normally buy through Steam, but then bypass Steam altogether by launching the game from a shortcut I place on the desktop. Will doing this affect the ability to collect achievements?

The reason I ask is that I'm really looking forward to the whole achievement thing - It's a nice little touch.

from what i`ve been reading you have to have steam running in online mode to use the achievements other wide you would unlock and achievement but steam wouldn`t recognise it and you also get the fm09 skin when activated through steam and also from what i`ve been reading i dont think you can create a shortcut for the game this year so you have no option but to run the game through steam

Heres the Official Achievements Thread.

1) If you digitally download through steam then will it not automatically activate anyway or if it does not then it will ask if you would like to I would presume.

2)What RDX said need steam running to unlock achivements.

However I disagree with RDX in terms of the you have no option but to play via steam as with the boxed version you dont have to activate with steam and you can still play and surely if there is no short cut then you can create one. (especially with the boxed version)

Yeah the achievements should be fun! :)

Archived