Fm10 internet help?

Hello, Just wondering do you need an internet connection to play fm or install it.

My mate hasn't brought it for the past few years and has no internet connection. Will the steam program be installed on the disk & do you require a connection so sign up to that?

Thanks for your time.

You do NOT need a internet connection to install the game. People just have the option of installing via steam as you get instant updates and go into some achievement competition. You can simply install it and chose the "install in offline mode" that way you can play it asap but need to keep the disc in the drive.

if your friend wants to activate a copy of FM2010 then he`ll have to install steam BUT WILL NEED INTERNET CONNECTION to update steam and activate a copy of FM2010 to get all the exclusive things you can only get with activation by steam other wise you just have to have the disk in the drive all the time to play

What this man said. Basically, you only need to activate the game online if you don't want to keep the disk in the drive.

Cannot find an answer in a sticky, so I'm asking here.

If I activate via Steam to be able to play without the disk, will I then need to be online any time I load up the game without the disk or will the need for the disk be 'disabled' on my hard drive itself?

So you need the disk in all the time when you want to play the game? This is ridiculous, you didn't need the disk on FM09! I have to install the game on a laptop first them transfer the game over to my desktop because my DVD drive wont read the disks, now I can't play it cos of this! Its taking the **** changing things every bloody version.

So you need the disk in all the time when you want to play the game? This is ridiculous, you didn't need the disk on FM09! I have to install the game on a laptop first them transfer the game over to my desktop because my DVD drive wont read the disks, now I can't play it cos of this! Its taking the **** changing things every bloody version.

Surely you can see how this is an anti-piracy measure?

If you own it, you can run it via steam, so steam controls the fact it is your game (one activation per copy) and so you don't need the DVD in the drive all the time, or if you don't want to do that then you install offline, but require the DVD in the drive all the time to ensure your copy is valid. Makes perfect sense to me...

Archived