3D Star Ratings

From the threads i see that this doesnt work to well but i would like to run this passed you all to see what you think.

Just bought a Sony Vaio basic specs:

Intel Duel Core 2.13

ATI 512Mb graphics

4 GB Ram

Windows 7 (64bit)

All drivers up to date...

Now i would think that this would breeze the requirements from FM10!? But i dont even get one star. It is very jerky watching in 3D mode even in the lowest setting (with statium crowd etc turned on). To get it running smoothy i have to turn off the crowd etc etc. I am also noticing delays moving about the in game screens.

I tried FM10 on my old laptop and didnt have any issues there. Is it a windows 7 thing?

Now surely the Vaio spec is more than enough to run FM10? I think i have a problem with the laptop - it is only 4 days old. Wonder if i could return it (bought from Sony Style Store)?

i'm not very sure whether i can help. but....

seeing your specs should be working fine. i heard that the star rating thing is not very accurate (so you might want to forget it).

If i remember correctly, win 7 should have a function call XP comparability mode. Did you try running fm10 on that?

i'm not very sure whether i can help. but....

seeing your specs should be working fine. i heard that the star rating thing is not very accurate (so you might want to forget it).

If i remember correctly, win 7 should have a function call XP comparability mode. Did you try running fm10 on that?

What this man said (kind of) - try right-clicking on the .exe and choose Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and choose XP SP2 compatibility.

I recently installed Theme Hospital on my rig (OS is Win7 64 bit), and the graphics were a bit odd. I did the above to launch the game in compatibility mode for Windows 95 and it worked perfectly!

It's the first thing I'd do with any graphics issue tbh.

I don't yet have the full game, but the demo runs brilliantly on my modest dual core AMD 4GB Ram 512MB Graphics card desktop, Win 7RC 64bit OS. Both general processing and 3D match engine.

I certainly haven't had to modify compatibility settings with FM, although have with one or two other programs.

One other posssible suggestion, along with disabling Antivirus, or any other unnecessary software that often comes preloaded with PC's like Vaio's, is to turn off the Aero theme in Windows 7 (although I haven't bothered to do this).

From the threads i see that this doesnt work to well but i would like to run this passed you all to see what you think.

Just bought a Sony Vaio basic specs:

Intel Duel Core 2.13

ATI 512Mb graphics

4 GB Ram

Windows 7 (64bit)

All drivers up to date...

Now i would think that this would breeze the requirements from FM10!? But i dont even get one star. It is very jerky watching in 3D mode even in the lowest setting (with statium crowd etc turned on). To get it running smoothy i have to turn off the crowd etc etc. I am also noticing delays moving about the in game screens.

I tried FM10 on my old laptop and didnt have any issues there. Is it a windows 7 thing?

Now surely the Vaio spec is more than enough to run FM10? I think i have a problem with the laptop - it is only 4 days old. Wonder if i could return it (bought from Sony Style Store)?

Mate, is your graphics card ATI Radeon HD 4570?

Interesting points to try.

Dont think it is my anti V (running zone alarm) as i ran it on my old laptop (win XP) with no problems. But worth a go. Good idea to add exceptions though.

I would have thought that 4GB is plenty to be able to run a few apps at the same time? Was able to run in windowed mode on old comp while using the net with all anitV etc turned on.

Compatibility mode is also worth a go but i would be suprised if this is the problem.

You can probably tell i have convinced myself that it is a hardware issue ...

4GB should be plenty, providing your note running multiple programs which are all quite processor intensive.

There would be no harm in closing any such programs (ie even browsers, media players, AV, etc etc) to see if it does make any difference.

I know it's possible, but personally I'd be surprised if it was entirely hardware based (brand new "out of the box" PC).

Archived