Asking AssMan to pick team

If I set up my tactics using the new wizard and for example play 442 with a target man. Then I ask my AssMan to pick the team will he take into consideration the fact I'm playing a target man and pick the most suitable forwards for the roles or will he just pick the best two strikers in his opinion?

Hope that makes sense!

Im not sure tbh but its a good question. When my AssMan picks my Utd team (442 with a complete striker and poacher upfront) he picks Rooney and Berba. Considering Owen has made his career out of poaching goals I suppose he would be better suited to the role upfront. However, Berba has good finishing etc so in theory he could be the poacher as well.

I would think he picks the two best strikers overall rather than players for the specific roles, though it would be cool if he didnt, im sure someone will correct me if im wrong.

They seem to go by condition and CA to what Ive seen. They often ignore defensive and attacking roles in midfield, and just put whichever player is natural and has the best condition for the position.

It is a good judge of who is fit, and can help you with rotation, but you always need to double check. Sometimes their bench choices are questionable too, as I've seen more than once a youth player put on the bench just because he has a better condition than a seasoned first teamer.

Archived