Steam Pre-Load

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
u kno wut...those ppl in Chinese fm forum without buying anything could start play fm2010 even earlier than us...they just downloaded a image from some foreigh sites and imported by using deamon tools...fml

Be patient mate, I understand your frustration but there is no point to it. Just follow the short steps I wrote and hopefully it will work for you.

It still says its out in 1 day and 21 hours:S yesterday it said the same thing

The release date on steam is wrong. Just ignore it.

What happens after it has finished pre loading? Sorry steam is new to me! :D

When it's done you wait for the game to be released.;)

What happens after it has finished pre loading? Sorry steam is new to me! :D

Essentially what happens is that you've gotten 99.5% of the files stored on your computer, the only thing held back would be the .exe files or something else critical, so when it goes live on Friday, all you have to download is the remaining .5% and you'll be able to play right away.

The release date on steam is wrong. Just ignore it.

When it's done you wait for the game to be released.;)

Essentially what happens is that you've gotten 99.5% of the files stored on your computer, the only thing held back would be the .exe files or something else critical, so when it goes live on Friday, all you have to download is the remaining .5% and you'll be able to play right away.

Thanks mate.So it will download the remaining % once the game is released automatically?

Can anyone tell me if preloading is going to be available from GAME/Gameplanet as well, or is this just a steam thing? I've received no download links from GAME by email yet...has anyone else?

The email I got from GAME when I ordered my digital download from there, seemed to suggest we'd be able to download it earlier, and then at 00.01 Friday they'd send us our activation codes?

Fair enough, but check this confirmation email from GAME: Seems to suggest we'd get our download links before 00.01 on the 30th, just not get the activation key to play it till then?

We're pleased to confirm your pre-order of Football Manager 2010.

We will send you your download links for the game via email the moment they are available then, on the day of release, the 30/10/2009 at 00:01, you'll get an email with your activation key.

Please keep this email safe, as it contains information related to your order

It's a steam only service

Archived