A Post of Thanks

Hi, firstly I am one of the people with a pre-order on Steam and waiting to get the game!

I would just like to place on record my thanks for the effort that Matt from SEGA is giving in still being around at midnight posting on these forums to give people reassurance and helping where possible.

I don't mean this to be sycophantic or anything just I have been enjoying SI's games from the beginning and always believe they have tried to produce the best game they can and try to act fair - there aren't many companies where the MD comes and posts on forums to help people with technical issues as Miles did last year on release day and I feel it is in this vein that Matt (and other mods) are providing stirling service.

Deep breath people - yes its a frustrating wait but retailers posted it early to help customers not have it late, do we really want our fellow FM gamers not having their copy till after the weekend (however much we might like to bloody kill the bastards right now!!). As long as we get the game at 12.01GMT as promised, hopefully with the patch available at the same time and (all fingers crossed for this one) last years 1 off DRM issues do not rear their heads again then the issues created by the postal system should not take away from a successful launch.

Happy Gaming all.

My thanks are reserved for a year that passes without activation problems, release postponements or steam issues.

Pesimist?

Realist?

So far there arent any of these issues YET this year - we dont know of course but if it all goes off well then we shall wait for your thanks im sure... lol

Either way some people like to thank people for doing their jobs to a high level, some dont. If your not one of them then fine. :cool:

Well anyone that is whinging has every right to.

I went to bed last night with Steam saying the game will unlock in 1 day and 8 hours, now this morning it says 2 days, WTF?

Some retailers started selling early, so Steam users asked to have it unlocked earlier, now it will be unlocked later. It makes no sense whatsoever, all we got was a "sorry about some people getting their copy too early" and mumbling about the release date not changing. Well it seems Steam have moved the release date, what the hell is going on? I'm not sure if Matt even knows.

Well anyone that is whinging has every right to.

I went to bed last night with Steam saying the game will unlock in 1 day and 8 hours, now this morning it says 2 days, WTF?

Some retailers started selling early, so Steam users asked to have it unlocked earlier, now it will be unlocked later. It makes no sense whatsoever, all we got was a "sorry about some people getting their copy too early" and mumbling about the release date not changing. Well it seems Steam have moved the release date, what the hell is going on? I'm not sure if Matt even knows.

Matt has stated in several other threads that the release date WILL be 12.01GMT on friday on Steam. For Example

This is actually one of the reasons I was impressed with him posting this late at night to reassure us.

And yes people have every right to complain or seek/request action - not debating that point at all merely that I think they are doing a good job and if the game is released at the stated time with no issues then it will be successful and they cant help how other companies have tried to get round the postal issues for the benefit of their customers, retailers then decide as a knock on to sell early etc.

From what I understand from Matt the game isnt uploaded to Steam until tomorrow sometime and as such it wouldnt be possible for them to release it now even if they wanted to. Further discussion on that by Matt here.

Matt has stated in several other threads that the release date WILL be 12.01GMT on friday on Steam. For Example

You must be joking. Matt said in that thread that his bet is 12:01 AM GMT. That's hardly saying that the release date WILL be anything in particular.

I'll take Matt's bet for the expected release date, but SI needs to sort out Steam's repeated changing of release times and dates or simply get rid of them as a retailer and find us an option that can actually post accurate information and not cause a firestorm of confusion.

Sure I read 12:01GMT as confirmed by him but happy to accept thats his bet rather than a cast-iron guarantee, but it does reassure the people who's steam countdowns arent working which was the point I was hoping to get across :) But yes I do agree that its unacceptable for steam to be causing these sort of issues and panicking people - many of whom might not know about/come on these boards to get further information.

cpfcfm2009. You must be a bundle of joy on a night out.

SI don't need to go above and beyond. There are plenty of software companies that don't work to the level SI work at, so credit to them. People like you would probably complain if the game was hand delivered by your favourite footballer.

"What are you doing here handing me my copy of FM when you should be at the training ground training...you're a disgrace"

does take the p!ss a bit that when devs being active on forums and answering questions are taken for granted.

i dont have any particular allegiance to SI, dont think everything they touch turn to gold but fair dues to them for staying in contact with the community.

Obviously, what a ****, for expecting what i pay for without some sort of foul up which after several years we have all come to expect you half wit

How do you know what everyone has come to expect? seems to me there's a lot of happy people out there....my apologies for the **** comment but I think most people would prefer this forum to be used in a positive way!!

I suggest you vote with your feet.

Archived