Watching ball collectors..

Sometimes i find that i will watch the players collect the ball to give to their teammates waiting to either throw it in or take a corner, and its painfully slow like watching paint dry!

Whats worse is that sometimes you watch the players collect and pass the ball, and then it skips the actual throw in/corner that the ball was being collected for!

Its the only real issue i have with FM 10, i wish it was easily sorted for the release but hopefully in one of the patches.

Has anyone else had this trouble?

Sometimes i find that i will watch the players collect the ball to give to their teammates waiting to either throw it in or take a corner, and its painfully slow like watching paint dry!

Whats worse is that sometimes you watch the players collect and pass the ball, and then it skips the actual throw in/corner that the ball was being collected for!

Its the only real issue i have with FM 10, i wish it was easily sorted for the release but hopefully in one of the patches.

Has anyone else had this trouble?

Completley agree. Bugs the hell out of me too. Sometimes it makes the game unplayable for me. Same with penalty shoot outs, 10 penalties taking about 20 minutes. The suspense is good in a cup final, but in the 1st round of the tinpot trophy... im not really feeling it.:thdn:

i have full match speed on 2d and this is possibly the most annoying thing ever!

the player taking the freekick always lets the ball roll past him, before going to collect it, kicking it too far, collecting it again...

The same thing happens on 3D. The player just stands at the corner flag as the ball rolls passed.

Although i have to admit, if this is the only thing that i'm going to find wrong about this game then thats the most successful FM game i've played since 06, but still, fixed for patches please?

that's the 1st thing i noticed in the game and rly got on my nerves, and i posted a few times and yet to see a reply from any of the SI guys, normally the thread gets washed with all the how do i call it hmm SI fanboys? not sure the right word but they dont admit theres a problem they will say, fast forward it or i never had that issue or i always play max speed etc... but i for one like to watch the games and i challenge anyone to watch all the the pre-season game on 3D normal speed and tell me if that doest look just wrong.

CM10 got better animation than FM2010 shame that's all they have good.

I am still buying the game but SI cant be happy with this massive error in coding/poor engine ( not a games programmer so i dont know whats the term used)

Really annoying. Here's another one.

- Foul!

- Player Y has his shirt pulled by player X.

- Player X is being called over to the referee.

Player X walking slowly across the pitch too the referee on the other side............................

- The referee reached into his pocket and pulled out a yellow card for player X.

Really annoying when the ref is really far away. Every time i see that i keep thinking, Can't he at least meet him half way.

Some additional work on the refs movement wouldn't be such a bad thing. Imagine how much time it would save if he would actually move with the play a little more and run over to the offending player when its a free kick and there are cards to be dealt. Refs tend to run over the the incident when there is a card to give, not stop at the other side and make the player walk over.

It doesnt happen as much when you have time wasting set to a minimum. But when you have time wasting set to half way or maximum, its just part of football

5min into the game and u see that! u call it time wasting? :rolleyes: hmm ok then

"its just part of Football"

dont think u watch much football then :p, never seen teams time wasting so early in games if it was at 70+min and the team was winning then fair enough but why would my team loosing time waste? and no i don't have time wasting set

5min into the game and u see that! u call it time wasting? :rolleyes: hmm ok then

dont think u watch much football then :p, never seen teams time wasting so early in games if it was at 70+min and the team was winning then fair enough but why would my team loosing time waste? and no i don't have time wasting set

I agree it's overdone atm and As Paul has said at least some of these instances will be fixed for 1.01, but, it is actually a tactic employed by some teams from the very start of a match, the idea being to frustrate the opposition and break up the continuity of their game.

Certainly the frustration part seems to be working well:D

What Kris said

Archived