FM 06 or FM 09/2010

Hmmm, well I was playing FM 2007 for 3 years, I have bought FM2010 and I am playing it now and I love it. Massive upgrade from 07 even though I loved 07. FM 2010 though is more computer intensive than 2006 or 2007. It depends what the specs of your laptop are... You should download the FM2010 demo first to see what you think of it and how your computer handles it.

The newer games are much more graphically intensive so will not run well on older computers unless you have a good graphics card and have the processing power to run it. If you do and dont load too many leagues and use the small database then it could be OK. Download and try the demo and if that works, the full game should be OK.

Until the jittery match engine problems is solved, I'm staying well clear of FM2009 and FM2010. Okay, my PC is years old but it's also happening on machines where people have much better specs so I'm not convinced with FM. FrazT tried to help me but to no avail (not his fault...he was really helpful)

Anyways, if I was you i'd install FM2008 mate, an absolute classic!

I'm still playing 08, never really liked 09 and not really sure about 10 yet. In 2052 in my save

There will alway be some people that are never happy with the game no matter what but the general opinion seems to be that FM2010 is probably one of the best, if not the best, versions of the game to date.

i'm currently playing FM 06..... yea i know and i still love it. but i'm wondering if i upgrade to newer game...... does it run faster or slower with the same laptop?

Simple answer is. Download the FM2010 Demo from http://www.footballmanager.net/index.php?p=demo

Try it out, its real quick on my laptop and mine is only an average spec one. If you like it, which you will, then its time to wave goodbye to FM06 my friend

PP4evea is right. My laptop is getting on and 07 was quick but 08 was getting slower and 09 was even slower. But i was really surprise when i loaded the demo and how quick the game moves. The only time there was a slow down when the computer plays the league cup games in the first and second and third round. But it did that on the other versions

I have a 3.06 pentium 4, 73gb free hard drive space and 1gb of ram but when I play the match engine of fm10 it is incredibily jittery, also fm10 says that i only have one star for running the game and 0 for 3d performance. My graphics card is gforce 5600 (worked a charm on fm09). Can someone please tell me whats going wrong? Why is it so jittery?

I have a 3.06 pentium 4, 73gb free hard drive space and 1gb of ram but when I play the match engine of fm10 it is incredibily jittery, also fm10 says that i only have one star for running the game and 0 for 3d performance. My graphics card is gforce 5600 (worked a charm on fm09). Can someone please tell me whats going wrong? Why is it so jittery?

Because your graphics card is very old and poor. Plus your computer isn't really great either. 3.0ghz processor is decent but 1GB ram isn't that great, need at least 2GB to make FM fly IMO but it's possible to play with 1GB and make it play quickly. Just need to have minimal leagues on and small database.

My match engine is jittery specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz

3GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9200M GS

Windows Vista Premium

(Doesn't matter about hardrive)

It's a laptop obviously but i didn't think my match engine would be jittery.

However i do only have 4GB left out of my 150GB hardrive could that be the problem ?

My match engine is jittery specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800 @ 2.00GHz

3GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9200M GS

Windows Vista Premium

(Doesn't matter about hardrive)

It's a laptop obviously but i didn't think my match engine would be jittery.

However i do only have 4GB left out of my 150GB hardrive could that be the problem ?

The problem is the 9200M.

Mine is:

T5750 2.000 ghz Core Duo

3ghz Ram

Intel 965 graphics.

I played FM09 and loved it. It was a "slight" jittery on matches but not alot - nothing to complain about. I bought FM2010 yesterday and it is a smooth as anything. OK, so I am running the 3d on Low within the options but it is really smooth.

The rest of the game is fast also.

Archived