Steam release date changed?

Dont I look like an idiot! Just said in another thread that mine still said 30th! Just refreshed and YES MINE SAYS 31ST??????? This had better not be the case surely!!!!! After singing Steams praises, have to say not to spook anyone but EXACTLY the same thing happened with E:TW. I now own a boxed version AND a Steam version of that, as I couldnt wait a day, and I am sure most will feel the same!! Would be really great if someone from SI could confirm whats happening here for all of our sanity!!!! We are encouraged to purchase on Steam, and most of us do because we arent "a Steam hater!" but this will be a HUGE kick the teeth if its true!!!

Last year the timer changed quite a few times in the last 24 hours I think :)

so whats the score then?....ive ordered by steam,shops are flogging the game now...people getting it through post,ive obviously made the wrong decision...my account still says not released....very poor

so whats the score then?....ive ordered by steam,shops are flogging the game now...people getting it through post,ive obviously made the wrong decision...my account still says not released....very poor

I am hoping they are just updating something as at this VERY moment the store page has gone, so hopfully they are sorting it out. I usually wouldnt get involved in panicking, but as I stated above this DID happen with Empire Total War, AND right at the last minute!! So I wont be shocked if it happens again!! Creative Assembly and SI are both SEGA. But please, please no!!!!!!!

**EDIT Store page is back, and it still says 31st Oct.

its sad that the hard copy that people have pre orderd have arrived and they can play but we who buy online have to wait:/

exactly,i was probaly too impatient,should have waited and reaped the benifiets lol,bit poor for "the mighty sega" but hey ho......all i wanna do is take control of Tottenham Hotspur....and im 42,so maybe some growing up needs to be done,on my part,thiers or both lol

Has anyone contacted Steam?

That will 100% do nothing! Sorry to be pessimistic, but it wont, the only to contact them is to raise a ticket, or on forums, and when I did over the same thing with Empire Total War......well put it this way, I still dont have a reply!! lol!!

Also I couldnt care less if it came out tonight, and I fully expect it not to!! What I do expect however is that it is released on the 30th, as it should be!!!! NOT the 31st!!!! That doesnt make me impatient, it makes me normal to expect a game to be released on "release day!" lol!!!

Sonic2006

the game i recon is already uploaded just awaiting the green light so to speak

You could be right.

MIne has hit 31st to, but I recon it will just be the timer incorrect. The fact none of the big guns from Sega are not on at the moment will also mean there is no intention to bring it forward for tonight.

Actually, SI guys etc always go missing from the forums before something big, keep an eye in the future, if they inc Miles suddenly all appear you can expect some news.

That will 100% do nothing! Sorry to be pessimistic, but it wont, the only to contact them is to raise a ticket, or on forums, and when I did over the same thing with Empire Total War......well put it this way, I still dont have a reply!! lol!!

Also I couldnt care less if it came out tonight, and I fully expect it not to!! What I do expect however is that it is released on the 30th, as it should be!!!! NOT the 31st!!!! That doesnt make me impatient, it makes me normal to expect a game to be released on "release day!" lol!!!

thats not pessimism,just realistic

Actually, SI guys etc always go missing from the forums before something big, keep an eye in the future, if they inc Miles suddenly all appear you can expect some news.

I double thought after posting and wondered are they in a meeting or just all buggered off home.

For the record, I am travelling on train Friday, going to a party for somebodies 50th that night, travelling back down Saturday and stopping at a B&B (I checked they have no Wi-fi) before picking up some Uni work and heading on another train to Devon. My partner is moving and has no internet connection at the moment, I won't have connection (other than my Iphone which I use on here) again till next Wednesday SO moving it to the 31st means I can't get a game I paid for, but I am just too tired to be bothered.

EVERY YEAR!!!

2009 - the activation debacle

2008 - Release date changed about four times

I have to say it would not surprise me if the Steam release is delayed - or shops for that matter!

I remember 2007 was brought forward to the Wednesday to because Game broke the street date.

hmm... its true steam times aren't always acurate for whatever reason.. I really hope they do release the game a little earlier than expected- I have the next few days free, been a fan of FM for a long time...

At the least it should be available to play on the release day!

Its bad enough that some ppl have or will get the hard copy and play before us- without adding an extra day!

I am hoping they are just updating something as at this VERY moment the store page has gone, so hopfully they are sorting it out. I usually wouldnt get involved in panicking, but as I stated above this DID happen with Empire Total War, AND right at the last minute!! So I wont be shocked if it happens again!! Creative Assembly and SI are both SEGA. But please, please no!!!!!!!

**EDIT Store page is back, and it still says 31st Oct.

fair comment,i dont panick either usualy being Spurs and all that(except for being 2-0 up in injury time)and preying for final whistle....and thats real life,not F M ...but think its a bit poor,my mistake in being hasty and ordering on steam

i dont even think friday is good enough as most ppl who orderd from online shops will have the game by tomorrow

Can understand that a little. But it doesnt bother me too much, as I have already prepared in my mind for a Friday marathon after work. All I care about is that its released on "release day" simple really, I hope!!!!!!! Those who have it early, lucky I suppose, but just lucky! lol! Again I will ONLY be annoyed if I cant start downloading till Saturday! Friday midday is fine, as long as its Friday!!!!!

As far as we're aware the release date has not changed, if I hear any more I will let you know, thanks.

Sweet a reply! Thanks Neil, will still be keeping my fingers crossed though! No offence! lol!!! Nice to see a response, sooooo much more than Creative Assembly ever gave in a simular situation!!

Archived