PDA

View Full Version : Will the patch be avalible for the demo?

SCIAG
28-10-2009, 15:37
Last year, it was possible to download the patch for the demo to see if it made an improvement. Will that be possible this year? I'd like to see the fixes made before I spend my money on something that may or may not be worth my while.

Toothless Gibbon
28-10-2009, 15:38
I doubt it personally - is there any major issues in the demo?

DP
28-10-2009, 15:39
Let me know your concerns and I'll let you know if they've been fixed... ;)

(As soon as I patch the game).

SCIAG
28-10-2009, 15:43
I doubt it personally - is there any major issues in the demo?
Personally, yes. There are several with the match engine.

Let me know your concerns and I'll let you know if they've been fixed... ;)

(As soon as I patch the game).
The problem is that I want to be able to tell for myself. I mean, you could say that the match engine is great, and it would turn out to be no better than this one.

stevie_G_32201
28-10-2009, 15:57
SI are probably the only people avaliable who would know the answer to this maybe one of them will post here and let you know. but imo its unlikely so are SI going to prove me wrong?

isuckatfm
28-10-2009, 16:03
I think the only reason the patch was released for the demo last year was because of the graphics card issues which would have made the game literally unplayable, so people could check before purchase. I doubt they'll release a demo patch so people can check if the match engine is more to their liking but it's not exactly a rare occurrence for me to be horribly wrong :D

Yid Army
28-10-2009, 18:13
Wasn't the demo last year unplayable for everyone because of half your squad being constantly injured?

Cuzer
28-10-2009, 18:42
If you wish to continue playing your demo game though will the patch released on Friday be save game compatable? I'm presuming it will be?????????

SCIAG
28-10-2009, 18:58
If you wish to continue playing your demo game though will the patch released on Friday be save game compatable? I'm presuming it will be?????????
Yes, it will.

Cuzer
28-10-2009, 19:06
Sorry Cynet for my lack of understanding but it will be OK to continue with a demo game after installing the patch, regardless of this bug? To be honest I've not noticed it!
I appreciate I'll miss the data changes but the game is fine to continue?

Mikke
28-10-2009, 21:53
Wasn't the demo last year unplayable for everyone because of half your squad being constantly injured?No, it was not.