Real Everton

i always do this on FM. i play as everton and 100% just use what they have in real life, players, coaches, scouts etc. even tactics to a certain extent.

at the same time, i nuture what youth there is while adding my own youngsters, intergrating them over time.

as the senior players get old, i try to hang on to them as coaches untill eventualy i get a total reversal, all the current real life squad, or as many as possable are now coaching staff and my ''golden generation'' are now my first team.

i do this because to be honnest, it is pretty easy to be succesfull with most clubs, domintate, win the Champ league etc. once u get to know who the best players are and what works for your team.

i find that doing it this way is very hard, esp if its with a team that is not one of the big 4,5 or 6. you could play like 10 seasons without winning anything so it comes purely down to your management, rather than just signing top players that will allways win games.

it means i spend more time on tactics, training, scouting and although infuriating at times, like when you cant buy a goal and you have 30m still in the bank, sticking with it and getting the best out of your team is, somewhat more satisfying

anyone else got any quirky ways of playin????

Do you mean you don't sign anyone?

The only thing I do which is maybe a bit different is keep faith in some of the current players at Man City. I've seen loads of people on the demo signing new right backs, left backs and back-up keepers whereas i'm happy with Bridge, Zabaleta and Stuart Taylor.

Do you mean you don't sign anyone?

The only thing I do which is maybe a bit different is keep faith in some of the current players at Man City. I've seen loads of people on the demo signing new right backs, left backs and back-up keepers whereas i'm happy with Bridge, Zabaleta and Stuart Taylor.

straight up, i dont sign anyone appart from younger players, no older than 18 max. other wise my system is well floored.

OP - good for you! It's a nice way to play the game if you can stick at it. I guess this means that as you don't spend a lot on transfers, then you can put all your money into the wage budget and offer good wages to the promising talent you have?

who do you play at left and right back if these are your back up?

guessing you play lescot toure ned richards?

Nope what I meant was, loads of people sign new right backs and left backs whereas I just stick with Richards and Bridge as my first choice because I don't see what's wrong with them :)

OP - good for you! It's a nice way to play the game if you can stick at it. I guess this means that as you don't spend a lot on transfers, then you can put all your money into the wage budget and offer good wages to the promising talent you have?

exactly!

its also about the chase. i could sign 20 good young english kids but only one or two will develope into first teamers. thats why i try extra hard to develope them because, it can be done, you just have to find the right way to handle them. its more fun than going out and buying the finished article

I always play as Fulham and I always refuse to pay any more that about £9 mil for a player or pay any more than £50k in wages, regardless of how well I do or how rich the club becomes. Mainly because a lot of players demanding these sort of figures are hugely overated and you can always find much better options, just with much lower reputations.

As an example, in FM08 I signed an Ethiopian striker called Fikru Tefera from SuperSport Utd for £65k. He was young and would easily get distracted or upset with other players, or things that were said in the press. The fans were also disappointed with the signing, and after a couple of pretty unproductive seasons they and the coaches wanted him out. However in the 10/11 season, he tore up the EPL finishing my top goal scorer and the EPL top goal scorer and at the end of the season was worth around £8mil, quite a return on 65k. After that he managed to keep and settle his form, although never again acheived EPL top scorer. He did however go on to become a club favourite.

I love finding players like these and sticking with them. He's the first player I looked for in FM09, and again will be when I get my copy of FM10.

It's a nice way to play the game, I had a good one going on 07 just like this. Sadly since then Everton seem to get seriously underrated, which is annoying, having to drop a good player because his FM stats were badly done. This year it seems that the worst cases are Howard and Pienaar, both are in the top few for their positions in the Prem yet their stats seem to suggest that they're Championship quality.

Archived