Offical Steam Review-FM10

'For the first time in its history, the franchise finds itself second best to Championship Manager in a number of key departments - most noticeable, training, scouting and set pieces - and while its superiority remains intact, its dominance isn't as clear cut as in previous years.'

From PC Zone UK, which it says at the bottom of the 'critics' part.

Yeah, they'd all be great. If they worked.

HMM PC Zone does a interesting review they complementing FM as the other reviews are ,, well they said FM is the best but i didn't like it when they said the packs are closing in, like CM is closing in to become as good as FM in this year's game.

i didn't like it when they said the packs are closing in, like CM is closing in to become as good as FM in this year's game.

I don't know if it's fair comment or not since I never look at the competition, but it can't do any harm keeping SI on their toes after what looks like being a huge success in FM10.

And 'training, scouting and set pieces' could certainly do with being prioritised for the next version.

'For the first time in its history, the franchise finds itself second best to Championship Manager in a number of key departments - most noticeable, training, scouting and set pieces - and while its superiority remains intact, its dominance isn't as clear cut as in previous years.'

Thats the funniest comment i've read in a long time, did PC Zone UK even play the game. I bought CM just because of the PWYW offer and it's totally trash. I found the game sluggish, unpredictable and overall, not much fun. Added to this the constant problems regarding the game crashing due to a badly coded client made the experience of it more annoying then anything i've tried in a long time.

Also, another issue I found disgusting was how unhelpful and uninteractive the CM forum staff were. I'm not going to go into a big rant but all i'll say is i've already given the game away. hah

Roll on Friday. :D

Thats rubbish, I bought CM just because of the PWYW offer and it's totally *****. I found the game sluggish, unpredictable and overall, not much fun. Added to this the constant problems regarding the game crashing due to a badly coded client made the experience of it more annoying then anything i've tried in a long time.

Also, another issue I found disgusting was how unhelpful and uninteractive the CM forum staff were. I'm not going to go into a big rant but all i'll say is i've already given the game away. hah

Roll on Friday. :D

This ecactly, as for the Skin... gave me a horrid headache. FM for me easily. CM10 is probably on a par with CM02/03

I don't know if it's fair comment or not since I never look at the competition, but it can't do any harm keeping SI on their toes after what looks like being a huge success in FM10.

Agreed. SI is the best by a mile, but any effort by the competition can only spur SI forward. All you need to know about what happens when there is no competitor is to look at the Madden series of American football. No competition means no incentive to improve.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/footballmanager2010

metacritic has done a review for FM 10. By the way Metacritic gave Championship manager a 73.

Metacritic doesnt technicaly do any reviews, they just add up the scores of everybody elses reviews and then give you the average.

Its seen as the best form of review though because it nearly eliminates reviewer bias (both in and out of favour).

90% is an amazing acheivement for any game on MC though.

Metacritic doesnt technicaly do any reviews, they just add up the scores of everybody elses reviews and then give you the average.

Its seen as the best form of review though because it nearly eliminates reviewer bias (both in and out of favour).

90% is an amazing acheivement for any game on MC though.

It's fundamentally flawed though, because it doesn't take into account that 4/5 is not the same as 8/10 which is not the same as 80% (in terms of the harshness of the review, obviously they're the same mathematically). 4/5 is probably roughly equivalent to 9/10 which is maybe equivalent to 85-90%.

It's fundamentally flawed though, because it doesn't take into account that 4/5 is not the same as 8/10 which is not the same as 80% (in terms of the harshness of the review, obviously they're the same mathematically). 4/5 is probably roughly equivalent to 9/10 which is maybe equivalent to 85-90%.

Says who ? those writing the reviews our yourself.

I think you are over complication a rather simplistic system.

I think you will find the algorithm takes that into account mate.

getting 90% on metacritic is awesome. Not many epic games get that high a score and in fact i only have 5 out of 30 games via steam that have a metacritic score of 90% or over and they include some real gems. Half life 2 has the highest with 96% (for some reason) valve game *cough*

im quite a big football manager fan i love both football manager and fifa manager for very diffrent reasons of course

so i tried cm10 since it was so cheap i played it for bout a hour then went back to playing fall out 3 while i wait for fm and fifa 10

and to say cm is catching up is dillusional it miles apart it has no depth it not a game that has any sort of long lasting value to it certainly not for a year

Archived