FM2010: How does paying over xx Months work?

I am unsure how this system works and would be grateful if someone could help out.

Say for example i have a budget of £10 Million

I want to sign Lucus from liverpool for 10 Million over the following periods (I know what you are thinking £10 Million for lucas, HAHAHAHAHAHA)

12 Months

24 Months

48 Months

Do i lose all my budget straight away or do i only lose a small percentage since i am buying over the longer term. I would lose more for buying over 12 months than i would buying over 48 months???

Would be grateful if someone could explain.

Thanks

12 months- You lose £10m out of your budget straight away

24 months- You lose £5m out of your budget

48 months- You lose £2.5m out of your budget

Basically, it takes the total cost of what you will be paying in the first year out of your transfer budget. It doesn't actually come out of your bank balance straight away though, it just takes out a monthly payment each month. It's a good idea not to do loads of 24 or 48 month transfers every year, or the monthly payments may eventually catch up with you!

I am unsure how this system works and would be grateful if someone could help out.

Say for example i have a budget of £10 Million

I want to sign Lucus from liverpool for 10 Million over the following periods (I know what you are thinking £10 Million for lucas, HAHAHAHAHAHA)

12 Months

24 Months

48 Months

Do i lose all my budget straight away or do i only lose a small percentage since i am buying over the longer term. I would lose more for buying over 12 months than i would buying over 48 months???

Would be grateful if someone could explain.

Thanks

The vast majority of bids in FM10 seem to be coming over 48 months, which is pretty annoying. Sure, I could understand if it was a huge fee, but when Premiership clubs are wanting to pay you £2m over 48months, that's a bit ridiculous. They should take the size of the fee into account more.

What club in their right mind would EVER accept a deal over 48 months (4 YEARS)?

I never accept one over 24 months and very rarely over 12 months.

for me personally i like deals like this, as i nomally play with man utd and were in pretty huge debt its nice to know for those 4 years going to be getting money in. even if it is just 2million get 5-6 of deals done like that and you will keep trying to stay out of the red. finshed the demo with man utd yesterday and i was losing 7-10 million a month because of my debt.... not fun. althought i had a transfer budget of 60m lol

Yes, you can. That £10million budget can be used as a £40 million budget, as long as they are all over 48 months, with nothing payed up front. Be careful not to do that every year though, or eventually you will be paying crazy figures out each month in transfer fees.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So i could actually buy four £10 Million players with a £10 Million budget if i got all of them over 48 months?

£2m over 48 months works out to a monthly payment of about £40grand though. That's a bit silly for a Premiership club, surely they could pay that up front or at least over 12 months at most. If you are Man Utd and getting a monthly payment of £40grand from a £2m sale, that's hardly gonna help you much either, it will only pay about an eighth of Rooney's monthly salary.

for me personally i like deals like this, as i nomally play with man utd and were in pretty huge debt its nice to know for those 4 years going to be getting money in. even if it is just 2million get 5-6 of deals done like that and you will keep trying to stay out of the red. finshed the demo with man utd yesterday and i was losing 7-10 million a month because of my debt.... not fun. althought i had a transfer budget of 60m lol

Exactly, £20m I can understand, but say £2-5m? Should deals with such small figures really be paid over 48 months by Premiership or big European clubs? Surely those should be 12 months, or 24 at most? The size of the fee needs to be taken into account more when clubs are putting in bids.

Most deals in football are done like that in the real world though. Companies don't have 20 odd million sitting there to spend on a player all at once.

I always thought that was how the clubs paid, rather than what they received. I assumed it was something like a mortgage, you pay the money to the bank but the seller gets the money in a single payment which they can then use to pay off their mortgage.

Archived