Release date moved up?

I just preordered on steam here in the US and it says the release date is now Oct 29th. Did the date get moved up a day?

The game is released officially at 00:00 on the 30th October GMT. Depending on where you live in the USA then it will be on the 29th October due to time differences! :)

Yip... Steam states its going to be released around 3pm on Thursday now.

Sweet... i get back in from work at quarter to 3.

muahahahahah

I reckon it will be at 12.01 on the thursday morning although it says 1 day 15 hours w/e it should be 12.01 2mrw morning. Can't believe im saying 2mrw morning, its now less than 24 HOURS TO GO

I reckon it will be at 12.01 on the thursday morning although it says 1 day 15 hours w/e it should be 12.01 2mrw morning. Can't believe im saying 2mrw morning, its now less than 24 HOURS TO GO

Where can you see that option in Steam? I remember seeing the time to release when Ipreordered but I just see that FM10 shows in my games but only as "not yet released" This is bugging me.

Where can you see that option in Steam? I remember seeing the time to release when Ipreordered but I just see that FM10 shows in my games but only as "not yet released" This is bugging me.

go to the games page (the page where you ordered it from) and you can see

Well for me because I havent pre ordered it I just go on FM 2010 and then it has the picture and that then a link for the demo and then it says 'available: 29 october 2009' and then underneath in green it says 'this game will unlock in app 1 day 15 hours.' Also just to add its on the store.

No, it definitely adds up to 3pm Thursday. Looks like SI's had a word with Steam after the early boxed sales due to the strikes. It's only fair, really.

Ha yeah i didn't do the maths. :D Pretty simple really, how embarrassing! I'm going away on holiday at 6am Thursday. I can't wait til i come back :( Please release it 00.01 SI, i need those precious hours!

• SI Staff

The time has been reset to the currently approved time of 00.01 GMT on 30th October.

Australian's should be able to register through Steam at 16.00 GMT on 29th, which is the earliest that it can be made available for them (so a few hours after they can buy the game in shops due to the time differences)

I would not expect these timings to change at the moment, as this is what has been approved by SEGA, and I'm out of the UK, so it's going to be difficult to have conversations about it! As always though, these things are subject to change, but if anything did change, I doubt it would be pre-announced.

So, err, nothing to see here. Please move along :)

It worked. The release date being moved up means I just bought it. The WORST part is I will only get to play it for like 6 hours before I head out on vacation :(

Actually, the worst part is that the date's been moved back to the 30th (see Miles' post above). Sorry mate. :(

It worked. The release date being moved up means I just bought it. The WORST part is I will only get to play it for like 6 hours before I head out on vacation :(

Yeah all a bit of a mess they can't be changing release date times as for example what has happened here someone has bought it as the release date was brought forward and then he sees its been put back to the 30th. All a mess if you ask me especially as up to before the release time wasn't even correct as for months it had been saying it was going to be released at 5 in the afternoon on the 30th when we all knew it was gonna be 12.01 on the friday morning of the 30th. If you ask me it should be brought forward as a good number of people will have FM 2mrw from online stores. I ask this question if its that easy to bring it forward a day and then back surely it should just be released now as many people like I say will have it 2mrw anyway.

Most definitely. If people who preordered a boxed copy are going to get it two days early, those who preordered it through a digital download should get it the same time. If there is a street date and that's why steam users can't get it earlier there should be some kind of punishment for those stores who ship it out or sell it early. Postal strike or no postal strike. (I know, I'm just bitter.)

Most definitely. If people who preordered a boxed copy are going to get it two days early, those who preordered it through a digital download should get it the same time. If there is a street date and that's why steam users can't get it earlier there should be some kind of punishment for those stores who ship it out or sell it early. Postal strike or no postal strike. (I know, I'm just bitter.)

Yeah totally agree, although its our loss as im a big fan of digital downloads and will be downloading from Steam its Steam's loss as well as most people will be downloading off shopto.net and HMV as they are now shipping and they could have FM by thursday on next day delivery. This will significantly reduce the amount of people using steam to purchase FM. If i worked at Steam I would certainly be releasing the game now and give every FM fan a early christmas present in the morning. And they can easily change the release date as the release date changed to the 29th for a while yesterday around half 11 for an hour, so this could easily be implemented.

The release date goes by GMT.

Lol. Yes, I realise that. 3pm GMT is 11am here. We're currently 4 hours behind, since we have not changed our clocks yet.

However, it all seems academic now. Doesn't matter, it'll be here when it gets here.

ETA. Steam is now showing it as being approx 1 day and 22 hours. 8pm Thursday night. Just about when I would get to start a game anyway. Perfect.

"Australian's should be able to register through Steam at 16.00 GMT on 29th, which is the earliest that it can be made available for them (so a few hours after they can buy the game in shops due to the time differences)"

I knew we lived in the best place on the planet!! (Kiwi's may argue I guess.....)

"Australian's should be able to register through Steam at 16.00 GMT on 29th, which is the earliest that it can be made available for them (so a few hours after they can buy the game in shops due to the time differences)"

I knew we lived in the best place on the planet!! (Kiwi's may argue I guess.....)

I will argue that one with you, we are the best place in the world (NEW ZEALAND), even if boxed copy release here is 6th Nov for some reason :(

Edit: If Aussies can access to activate early what about in NZ? I am another few hours ahead of them :p Yes I have to buy it through steam cause NZ release seems to have moved a week later, but can I activate on Aussie time instead of waiting for the british time? Which is between midday & 2pm my time?

Will i be able to pre-download it?

Or it becomes avaible for download only on the release date?

Matt from Sega who posts on these forums confirmed in the stick online delivery thread that there will be a preload at some point on thursday.

So the game will download 99.9% on thurday at some point and come 00:01 friday morning Steam will download the very last little bit and you can start playing the game.

Hells yes.

Just need to remain sane until then, playing through Borderlands the now, got the Fallout3 game of the year edition to start as well... and the left4dead2 demo to play in what should be 2 hours.

Plus Fm09 of course.

Screw real life.. the next 2 weeks im not leaving this chair.

Archived