Crowds should be wearing their team colours!

Actually there is a way which games have used for years, it's a bit like a green/blue screen technique, where a specific colour is assigned as transparent, and then whichever colour/pattern is needed, it's shown through.

So by making random members of the crowd use this, and assigning whichever colours that the teams are playing in, it would work. Plus you could assign home team colours to one stand of the stadium, away team colours to another, so specific groups of supporters will be wearing the same colours.

I can't imagine that anyone cares about this. I played FM 09 with no stadiums and I didn't notice one bit.

You didn't notice one bit ? wow

I'm actually still playing 09 with dots due to it being so dire.

In my opinion the whole point for a 3D match day is for one reason ..... to make the game LOOK better , I don't think having the crowd wearing team colors is asking too much. That said due to the 3D match being far better than last year I'm sure it's just a waiting game until it is looking as good as people expect.

They do wear the colours, the problem is only about 40-50% of the crowd wears the colours. Also, they tend to wear the away kit as well as the home kit, especially at away games, which defuses the colour. For instance, consider the following picture. Note the City fans on the right clearly in predominantly sky blue, while the Liverpool away end (which is disturbingly big, I did note) has about 50% red fans and some black thrown in.

kitsexample.png

However, the game does need *more* of the colours. They are quite hard to distinguish, sometimes.

Yeah ive got a screen of Rangers fans and Aberdeen fans too... its a subtle difference but its definately there.

Ive also noticed that the images of the fans are fairly easy to find so it should be fairly easy to actualy edit the images to be even closer to real life.

Im hoping to have the crowd at Ibrox wearing the actual Rangers tops and to remove the green tops entirely from the home fans (as im sure some Celtic fans will be doing the reverse).

fm101.jpg

The crowd do not wear their team colours. iirc this was confirmed by SI when this feature was announced.

It's probably a future plan though - let's not forget this is the crowd's first year!

Hmm. Perhaps you are right, but from the evidence I've seen (including my own screenshot above) I find it a little hard to believe.

the problem is, there is a smattering of team colours, but then they've got the rest of the crowd wearing green, purple and yellow etc.

now i don't know about the level of fashion savvy at si towers, but i don't think they're going to be troubling the producers of americas next top model just yet.

most people wear black, grey, white etc. so they need to seriously tone down the colours of the rest of crowd who don't have the shirt on. otherwise it looks like a united colours of benetton advert.

i think si have missed a trick here on a very simple thing. having the right colours and uniformity would really improve the atmosphere. this i attribute to geek syndrome, fantastic under the hood programmining, but not the best on uniformity and appearance. although with the high production value of the games industry this problem is being weeded out.

now i don't know anything about graphical modding etc, but surely someone on here can get those other models and photoshop them? or i wonder if the game code is specifically coding in the randomness, in which case that's a bummer.

The crowd do not wear their team colours. iirc this was confirmed by SI when this feature was announced.

It's probably a future plan though - let's not forget this is the crowd's first year!

The crowd DO where team colours and it HAS been confirmed by SI. Check the screenshots in this thread. You can see the difference between away fans and home fans. SI have said that if its too subtle it will be tweaked for a future patch but crowd colours definitely exist in this version.

Sorry but this isn't true. Crowds do wear your team colours in this version, we have confirmed that and it is pretty evident in the match engine. It is slightly variable and like real life they won't be all your colour however, but it is there.

Sorry but this isn't true. Crowds do wear your team colours in this version, we have confirmed that and it is pretty evident in the match engine. It is slightly variable and like real life they won't be all your colour however, but it is there.

im sorry but from what i see of the crowds none if any are wearing team colours all i see are people (probably si staff wearing different coloured normal clothing

proof1

proof 2

Dang you beat me to it.

In other news im fairly sure ive read that this issue is tweaked in the first patch

im sorry but from what i see of the crowds none if any are wearing team colours all i see are people (probably si staff wearing different coloured normal clothing

proof1

proof 2

The colours of their shirts are changed by the engine. There will be hundreds of each person in different coloured shirts. Not sure what the pictures prove?

I think the crowds look pretty good. From what ive seen of the demo most home/away supporters wear their teams colours.I admit there is other colours which look a bit strange but you have to remember not every one wears their teams kit to matches. For a first attempt its pretty good and will only get better in future versions.

The crowd DO where team colours and it HAS been confirmed by SI. Check the screenshots in this thread. You can see the difference between away fans and home fans. SI have said that if its too subtle it will be tweaked for a future patch but crowd colours definitely exist in this version.

In that case, apologies for misleading :thup:

I was sure that someone had said that they weren't, though, and they don't look it...

I think the problem is that the background grey colour of the stadium is masking the colours shirts. Football stadiums are the colour of their team. Example the seats can be red or blue not black.

Geez. Every year...

09: The stadiums look rubbish! They need people in them!

10: The people look rubbish! They need team colors!

11: ???

EDIT: I suspect we'll be wanting the car park next year, then? ;)

11 Colours need to have the logos on them.

I agree about the carpark. :D Please include my suggestions of flags, scarf's, streaker, announcer, flares. Thank you:D

if you want realism the fans should be seated and not standing.....where are the police st johns ambulance people,disabled section and stewards....there is no crowd segregation either......but hey lets find something really trivial to moan about like not wearing team colours....its a "game" and im sure in time as new ideas and computer graphic techiniques come along we can have the fans wearing home,away,3rd kit option, retro kits from the 70,s and 80's even flags and scarves

You are quite right, mate! This is definitely a future plan for SI. SI is taking small baby steps to improve the graphics considerably and each year, it is getting better and better! I am sure by the time FM 2011 comes along, we would see more details in terms of graphics! :D

You can clearly see the difference between the away end and the home fans, and it looks decent enough when they erupt in celebration.

Think its cool SI have added crowds. It's nit-picking to be critical of it tbh.

thats true by even volume too just a shame my club its the wrong end I hope I can edit it. It pains me to see our fabled home end with away fans.

Archived