Online networking (question)

hay guys..

cant wait to get my football manager had them all since 2006

but what i would like to ask is that in the previous fm games

if found that the Network side of the gaming is Really poor.. with the only way you are able to set up a game is that if you both have HAMACHI program on your computers...

can i get a offical responce on any chances you have made in the networking department to make it more easyer to find games to play...

cheers ross

hay guys..

cant wait to get my football manager had them all since 2006

but what i would like to ask is that in the previous fm games

if found that the Network side of the gaming is Really poor.. with the only way you are able to set up a game is that if you both have HAMACHI program on your computers...

can i get a offical responce on any chances you have made in the networking department to make it more easyer to find games to play...

cheers ross

playing FM online is easy if you can read as if you are using a router whether it`s wireless or otherwise all the instructions are in the portward website on what you have to do

yeh i fallowed all the steps for fm 09 and 08 and it never worked...

but as soon as i downloaded hamachi it worked fine..

what im looking for is like a match making type mulitplayer.. like search for a Game and join others..

or a quick match that lets you play others online 1 v 1.. with your team

and a Leaderboard showing how many you have won etc..

Never really had any problems with online play before as long as you sort out the port forwarding etc, do find it a bit laggy and slow at times though.

I really dont see them ever doing matchmaking when you go to look for a online game to play how many people do you think will be waiting to play? games take weeks not mins so it really wouldnt work.

s you want a network game just post on the forums asking for a match and people will respond if any are interested, maybe there could be a sectioned off area just for this, would help people get games maybe.

Match making simply would not work for a game like this. Its a long term game that takes many hours/days to play a significant amount not the instant 30 minutes of lols that console match making style multiplayer is designed for. As for playing your team against some other guy its far more complicated than that, what level are your teams playing at, morale, squad cohesion etc in order to do that properly theres fm live.

I suggest you take a look at FMLive. FM will never have this feature you want.

FM Live contain fictional players and teams and is too expensive - Thats why he is asking. For me the only thing missing from FM is a speedy Network game.

This is why me and my other 5 clan mates plan to start our game on Monday but we know it will be slow and this is the only thing that SI have to improve in my oppinion. I only hope they dont see the network game option as a money losing option for FM Live.

For me the only thing missing from FM is a speedy Network game.

you wont really get a fast and pacey network game as it all depends on the hosts pc and internet speed as i ahve played in and hosted clan games since cm03/04 onwards and some games go pretty fast where you might get 2 or 3 months done in a session then others you might get 3 or 4 weeks done in a session

Archived