Should we expect a patch on release day?

Regarding the fact that probably some people will receive their copies before official launch day I would like to ask if we can expect patch on Friday? Obviosuly starting the game tommorow or on Thursday would be foolish if there would actually be some patch on Friday.

So, anyone from SI that could answer us?

Regarding the fact that probably some people will receive their copies before official launch day I would like to ask if we can expect patch on Friday? Obviosuly starting the game tommorow or on Thursday would be foolish if there would actually be some patch on Friday.

So, anyone from SI that could answer us?

A patch for Friday is alredy confirmed.

is it possible to continue an unpatched game with the patch which will be released on friday?

It should be possible. However, this release day patch has been confirmed because there are some known data issues. When starting with the unpatched version of the game, these data (player) issues won't be resolved by applying the patch. You'll need to start a game on the patched database to do that.

what time shall we expect a patch any eta?..only i finish work at half 11 if the patch is ready from midnight ill stop by tescos store and pick up a copy then,

i assume it will be as why else would they advertise the game to be availible from midnight if you cant get the patch untill middle of next day..?

As the OP has is answer and we already have a sticky about this, I'm closing it.

We will aim to release the patch at some point on October 30th, although we obviously cannot guarentee that at this stage, or give a time. I apologise in advance if it ends up slightly later than this, as I'm about to go away on a PR tour round Europe, so want be on the forums much to update about it.

That is all we know in regards to what time it will be out.

Archived