Contract Offers Revealed Too Much

I have noticed that every time I make an offer to sign a player that it gets leaked into the press and then I get another 20 teams making offers on the player. Does this have something to do with untrustworthy staff members or is it just unlucky? If it is a case of a certain staff member releasing classified information then I would like the option to punish or sack him.

I have noticed that every time I make an offer to sign a player that it gets leaked into the press and then I get another 20 teams making offers on the player. Does this have something to do with untrustworthy staff members or is it just unlucky? If it is a case of a certain staff member releasing classified information then I would like the option to punish or sack him.

Not really mentioned specifically anywhere in the game, but player's agents often spill this kind of info to generate more money for themselves and the player.

Yep, I was actually going to point this out myself, but got beaten to it :)

I've found in the lower league environment in the past, that you can nab players 'on the sly' quite easily, but now it seems nigh on impossible without everyone and their pet hamster knowing about it.

For example when I start a game with, say Hayes & Yeading, I like to sweep out the dead wood and bring in some talented freebies that are more than willing to join. (Usually about 10 new players in the first window). In past FMs I usually succeed in signing about 8 of the 10 players.

From the two demo games I've played so far (both going the full 6 months), in both instances I think I only got about 2 or 3 players out of the 10 offers I put in. Pretty dramatic drop if you ask me...

I'm not bitching though, It'll make the game all that harder and more challenging (and tbh, slightly more realistic) which is a good thing.

Cant say that I've had this happen too often to me but I am playing higher up the leagues than the rest of you on this thread. I do like your idea Grimoz of being able to punish who ever leaked the info. I think the ability to have some sort of internal investigation to uncover the source of the leak would be a great addition to the game.

Remove the player from your shortlist after scouting, bid and contact offer as soon as you hit confirm and before hitting continue, will certainly minimise the interest from others

Does it? That would be a flaw worth reporting then as I see no reason for that to happen.

Remove the player from your shortlist after scouting, bid and contact offer as soon as you hit confirm and before hitting continue, will certainly minimise the interest from others

Is that true?? First I've heard about it. Will certainly give it a go though.

Does anyone else do this?

This might be a good things as it was too easy in previous versions to sign top quality 'out of contract' players. In FM09 you can sign a whole squad load in the summer, especially talented youngsters, for hardly any money.

Archived