Barnets new youth academy

on the fm demo barnet still have rubbish youth facilities. they have nearly completed their state of the art youth academy and training pitches in real and the training facilities have risen to "good" on the game but the youth facilities are still rubbish.

is it scripted in the editor to be appear next season or something? there is also some serious talk of it being used as Englands training ground for when they play at wembley cause it is much closer and obviously must have very good facilities, so the academy facilities can't be that bad?

why has this real life change not occured in the game?

Same as QPRs corporate facilities are only adequate when in fact they had a massive upgrade with 10 grand chandeliers. They use Chelseas old training ground and thats only described as average and I bet it was good or excellent when the old team used it.

They always seem to average out the facilities and also players relevant to the league. Thats why players get a big drop in stats if they go from the prem to the CCC.

The facilities are misleadingly named - "Youth facilities" on the game refers to the quality of youngsters the club is able to produce.

For example, Benfica are opening a new academy and facilities which is brilliant, but their quality of youngsters is not the best in Portugal, so they do not have the best "Youth facilities" in-game.

The facilities are misleadingly named - "Youth facilities" on the game refers to the quality of youngsters the club is able to produce.

For example, Benfica are opening a new academy and facilities which is brilliant, but their quality of youngsters is not the best in Portugal, so they do not have the best "Youth facilities" in-game.

okay thank you makes much more sense. then why don't they just have league set values for league 2 etc.?

to other poster. the centre of excellence is 99% built already and due to be in this season.

okay thank you makes much more sense. then why don't they just have league set values for league 2 etc.?

to other poster. the centre of excellence is 99% built already and due to be in this season.

Because even at League Two you get good academies and rubbish academies.

As an example, at League One, Leeds arguably have one of the best academies compared with their peers at that level.

point taken

Well if that is all the youth facilities means, then why bother having them upgradeable? You mean to say that the board will spend money upgrading the youth facilities (one of the upgrades is the academy, right?) and all it really is is an improvement of the quality of youths? Sorry, but I have to do a BS call on that. You can get the highest quality state of the art facilities in Stalybridge at in Conference North and you will still get rubbish youths.

Well if that is all the youth facilities means, then why bother having them upgradeable? You mean to say that the board will spend money upgrading the youth facilities (one of the upgrades is the academy, right?) and all it really is is an improvement of the quality of youths? Sorry, but I have to do a BS call on that. You can get the highest quality state of the art facilities in Stalybridge at in Conference North and you will still get rubbish youths.

Of course world-class facilities won't guarantee world-class players - I'm sure the youngsters you get factor in things like your own reputation.

In some ways, the youngsters you get will be a little less rubbish, but hopefully it means that you'll have a slightly steadier pool of talent coming through which you can use in your own squad or sell for cash - even if you don't get the next Messi.

You are assuming that youth generation is based on 1 variable.

You are assuming that youth generation is based on 1 variable.

Not at all. I realize that there are several variables at play here. I was merely challenging the notion of an earlier post that youth facilities does not mean actual facilities but the quality of youths that are generated. Obviously club size, reputation, facility, randomness, and maybe some other things like location play a role. The facilities clearly represent physical facilities as well as play a role in the quality of youths coming into your U18. I am prepared to be wrong about this, however.

Archived