ign has review fm 2010

ign has given fm 2010 9.3

if you want to reader the review follow the link or look further down for the summeray

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/103/1038889p1.html

8.0 Presentation

Huge effort has gone into making the spreadsheet visuals look cleaner and prettier than last year.

6.0 Graphics

Last years' 3D match engine has been improved, but not enough to make it worthwhile.

2.0 Sound

The usual crowd noises. Do yourself a favour, whack on some tunes instead.

9.5 Gameplay

The FM we know and love, but with virtually every aspect given a little polish.

9.5 Lasting Appeal

18-hour-striaght sessions are par for the course with FM, with the 2010 iteration likely to be no exception.

Outstanding OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

I agree fully with the closing comments

In short FM2010 isn’t an evolutionary step in the series. Instead it’s merely an incredibly well produced update. SI has lovingly polished the FM bodywork, added some spoilers, alloys and a couple of PS3s in the passenger seats, but underneath it’s the same engine. Luckily under the hood everything is in full working order; for detail and realism FM2010 is - as usual - in a league of its own. It’s the stat-heavy beast beloved by millions of PC Gamers, but prettier, more accessible and with some ingenious new tweaks. FM2010 is not however a Fernando Torres-style game-changer that takes the series to the next level.

Thanks for link. I shall read it on my lunch hour :)

People like ign have to review things like 'graphics' & 'sound' because for most games, these are important factors, but for FM... well, I think that they're the least important aspects of the game. Glad it got a good review, but I don't think it'll matter either way from a selling point.

fm should have some kind of in-game music player, that way people who play in fullscreen dont have to alt-tab all the time to change songs, at least this way the game could have some better ratings in "sound".

hehe, i also want to see the US ign review

IGN said "The usual crowd noises. Do yourself a favour, whack on some tunes instead."

Thank god Bennico in the world to provide us better Crowd Noises :thup:lol

Different reviewer.

Yeah the guy who made the bad review I recall was an American reviewer who was not use to the sports simulation genre at all. It must be tough for sites like IGN to review games like Fm as it has it's own stand-alone genre as it caters to a diffrent kind of gamer who appreciates the detail of tactics, simulation and database detail.

Yeah the guy who made the bad review I recall was an American reviewer who was not use to the sports simulation genre at all. It must be tough for sites like IGN to review games like Fm as it has it's own stand-alone genre as it caters to a diffrent kind of gamer who appreciates the detail of tactics, simulation and database detail.

FM actually appeals to more than just gamers. It goes so far as to people who don't know the first thing about gaming. I'm an example of that. I don't own any console and never have. I play one game on my laptop, and that's FM. I don't know anything about any other game, and have no interest in it.

I don't get why they say the 3d engine 'isn't worthwhile'? At least you can see what your players are doing now.

PS Why should FM have to reinvent itself every year? Just because it's essentially the same engine, doesn't mean there haven't been hundreds of little improvements. I sometimes wonder just how much attention these reviewers pay to the games, because essentially, what he said, is it's almost the same as FM2009, when, to me at least, it's so much better.

I'd rather get an 'update' than a completely new game which is an absolute mess. SI are doing the right thing in the way they are developing the game.

You don't have a bad game if you get 9.3 from IGN. I dare say Call of Duty will maybe get a bit higher, but not many games will.

One day, I'd love a reviewer to not use the word 'spreadsheet' in an FM review also.

I don't get why they say the 3d engine 'isn't worthwhile'?

It does seem a bit shortsighted of them. I mean, I think they're probably just about right in what they say about the 3D match view, but that doesn't make it not worthwhile. As with many FM features, it will take time to develop. Perhaps a better argument would that they included it too early, but again, that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile.

Archived