Will steam updates be mandatory for the full game?

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if I purchase a boxed copy of the game and then activate using Steam, will I HAVE to update the game whenever Steam detects that an patch or update is available? I'm quite enjoying the demo and I don't want any future patches to mess up my tactics ;), amongst other things.

seems a ridiculous approach, you'd rather a buggy game that you can win rather than an improved game where you "might" not be as effective.

But no, you dont HAVE to update.

a change in match engine dynamics is an improved updated game? the match engine is always changing like that so it isn't a "bug"

seems a ridiculous approach, you'd rather a buggy game that you can win rather than an improved game where you "might" not be as effective.

But no, you dont HAVE to update.

Patches themselves are potentially just as susceptible to bugs as the original release (but less likely). As I said, I'd like to see user feedback before installing something that is potentially worse than I already have.

I have really struggled to get anywhere with this game in recent years, so that was why I mentioned about not wanting to mess up my tactics in particular :)

Archived