S.I Live Chat?

there should be a live chat in the game for online play, no reason to stick to archaic messages being sent back and forth, but online play as usual is ignored

there is, in an online game go options/chat

theres a chat room there for everyone to chat on. you dont HAVE to send messages back and forth. just let them know to congregate in the chat room.

whenever i logged onto the old chat room (talking about si-site now) there was NO ONE there grrr

yeah you all have to be in the chat room at the same time, which is stupid because no one wants to just chat. Theres no reason why they couldnt implement an IM style chat while you play

if you use steam you can press control shift in-game and use the chat there, i do see what you mean though. what you say might make people continue quicker aswell and not stall for hours.

The fact is that its only worth having a live chat for multiplayer games, in order to set up a multiplayer game you're going to have to have arranged it (which incidently makes a lot of sense for a long term sort of game such as this, you can't just jump in for half hour). Since you arranged someone to play with you invariably know them or at the very least you have them on msn/irc/steam/vent/teamspeak/etc so theres no need for any in game live chat.

if you use steam you can press control shift in-game and use the chat there, i do see what you mean though. what you say might make people continue quicker aswell and not stall for hours.

Steam chat is pretty poor, it has a tendency to dump conversations when there's only two users, and steam friends is prone to random disconnects. I find ventrilo or teamspeak far better options. Besides, better to let a 3rd party app like vent handle it, as it decreases the load on FM and ensures loading times stay down.

To restore Facebook to old look..Look to the top left menu and click on MORE (in blue, under status, pages etc...). Then drag STATUS UPDATES to the top. After dragging to the top, click on it. That becomes your default and it will become like before

Archived