Iv got great memories of playing CM Italia with my freinds when i was just a lad.Those were the days when we could get thru 2Seasons in a day!It was a bit easy lookin back at it now with guys like Eric Cantona being able to hit 80-90 goals a season.Oh the memories. Anybody else remember these game from a distant age!?

Iv got great memories of playing CM Italia with my freinds when i was just a lad.Those were the days when we could get thru 2Seasons in a day!It was a bit easy lookin back at it now with guys like Eric Cantona being able to hit 80-90 goals a season.Oh the memories. Anybody else remember these game from a distant age!?

In what year did CM Italia came out?

• SI Staff
Was that the one with the green box with a manager in sheepskin coat on the front of it?

No, the Italian version was a blue box. I remember getting the Italian version free with CM2 96/97.

But CM Italia on the Amiga was my favourite original version. Marco Piovanelli :cool:

CM Italia was awesome, i think it was made of the CM 93 engine? , i remember me and my friend used to play it alot, he was Milan and i was Parma (who was a great team at that time), i had Brolin and Asprilla which was so awesome then, Milan of course was even better since they had their "buythebestplayersfromopponents" policy but we had some great duells.

I take it we must all be the vetrens of cm/fm if we all remember playin these games.If my memory servs me rite on cm93 could paul warhurst not play in every position on the park apart from GK but im sure he would have done a good job there too.

Yeah, wasn't he was described as an "utility player". But in real life the phrase, jack of all trades and master of none, comes to mind.

Me and my friend used to toss a coin to c who got to sign Cantona and if u lost u would sign piovanelli instead.

I used to do the same thing with my friend, but it was for Robbie Fowler when he was 18 years old in the game......can't remember which version that was.

CM Italia still holds a place in my heart as one of my favourite CM/FM's. I had some great saves on it and I can still remember them to this day! Lentini was awesome...when he recovered from his 18 month lay off!

But CM Italia on the Amiga was my favourite original version.

Same here :thup:

I always played the original on my friends computer, then he got me the Italia version for my birthday - mannnn, happy days!

Bergkamp was hopeless with Inter, so was Shalimov, so was Paganin.....................

I alwasy ended upplaying as another team :( sometimes even Juve or Milan! Milan had van Basten and Papin, Juve had Moller (at his peak) and Peruzzi.

My best save though, was with Genoa (I think they were in Serie B at the time?). We won EVERYTHING with a team of 100% Italians. I then went on to manage Italy and won EVERYTHING with only my Genoa players!!

Poor Inter though :o

CM Italia was my first CM/FM ever, and have been buying it every year since then, even when my life is way more busy now with a job, wife and kid than what it was when i was just a college student. I miss those days not doing anything but to play CM without anything disturbing me or any important stuff to take care of, now i'm lucky if i can play 2 straight hours.

• Administrators

Yes, I remember this version now. I loved it. I always used to play as AC or Lazio myself back then. Amazing, amazing game.

I bought the CM European Leagues release that came out, but was bitterly disappointed that it seemed to come out with data a year out of date? :(

Marius Lacatus and another guy called Dubovski I think were goal machines too.I remember not playin any players that were 30yr old so the following season they would retire so u could get a space in ur team to sign somebody else but u would end up gettin a rubbish youngster thru takin that space.

My first game of manager as well. Excellent. Used to play it on the Amiga, and at one time one of the discs had a read error, so some of the players, who would normally have their attributes randomly generated during the start up, got stuck with fixed attributes. I remember a magic version of one player, Vivani of Reggiana(?), my first buy on every game. One day the disc error fixed itself (dust removed?), though, and he went back to normal. Only problem with that game: It was almost impossible to sell anyone, so after a couple of seasons your roster was full. Used to play as Fiorentina in Seria B. Memory lane ...

Only problem with that game: It was almost impossible to sell anyone, so after a couple of seasons your roster was full. Used to play as Fiorentina in Seria B. Memory lane ...

Haha, omg yeah i remember that now lol, i always used to create 3 more managers (4 max i think?) and try sell my transfer listed players to those clubs, but that hardly work either lol.

No, the Italian version was a blue box. I remember getting the Italian version free with CM2 96/97.

But CM Italia on the Amiga was my favourite original version. Marco Piovanelli :cool:

cm italia's box was the italian national flag and gold lettering i still have it. In fact its on the shelf next to me

CM Italia! Descends into the dark mists of time and recalls his introduction to the CM series. Little was he to know that it would be the start of a spralling downfall to the depths, losing touch with the outside world, becoming one with the phrase "Just one more game", and with each incarnation the body (and hair) withering away to nothingness in isolation!

Thank you SI!

anyone remembers how unbelievable hard it was to won european cup in CM Italia?..i never won it. and it was always some team like Videoton from Hungary who would destroy my super Juve team:D..Roberto Baggio was awesome:)

Oh yes CM Italia, the one that started it all.

It was so much more fun than the English Premier League version.

The AC Milan team back then was immense and truly unbeatable, the likes of Van Basten, Albertini, Donadoni, Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Desailly, Savicevic, Boban (still a young lad), Eranio, Di Canio and a certain Lentini.

And yah if you sign Cantona as well there is no way your mates can beat you.

Parma in my opinion was the next best team in the game.

Serie A back then really rule them all, where the top quality football is played

I wish I had never sold my Amiga now :(

You can still download the game even now! CM Italia & CM93 still have pride of place on my hard-drive. It's always good to delve into the past!

Two players to have everytime on CM93 have gotta be Ray McKinnon from Forest and Richard Hall from Southhampton.

CM Italia Mr Cantona (who's already been mentioned) and Marcio Santos from Fiorentina!

Good, good times!

You can still download the game even now! CM Italia & CM93 still have pride of place on my hard-drive. It's always good to delve into the past!

Two players to have everytime on CM93 have gotta be Ray McKinnon from Forest and Richard Hall from Southhampton.

CM Italia Mr Cantona (who's already been mentioned) and Marcio Santos from Fiorentina!

Good, good times!

In fact me and my best mate at the time actually lost our jobs in 1995 due to having a week off playing these games, we where stuck in my bedroom for a whole week. Sure my Mom thought there was something funny going on!

Best memory I have of CM Italia was after playing the original CM on the amiga he would buy all the really good players that played in England at the time. Guys like Cantona, Giggs, Shearer, Sutton, Redknapp, Le Tissier, Adams then realised there was a foreigner rule so he could only play 3 of them.

This thread made me realise how long I have been involved with CM/FM. Quite amazing. Never gave it much thought before. But by my reckoning I have been involved with this game for 16 years!!! Thats mad.

Out of interest was CM93 the first ever edition of CM?

Archived