Reserves league

Anyone know if you can use the editor for a reserve league set up in FM2010? I like playing the reserve team but get no satisfaction in winning the league, now if it had promotion and relegation it would be more fun maybe....

Anyone know if you can use the editor for a reserve league set up in FM2010? I like playing the reserve team but get no satisfaction in winning the league, now if it had promotion and relegation it would be more fun maybe....

Well, I am not too sure about this but you can most probably create a reverse league with no problems at all!

I don't believe you can. You can tell the game to create reserve leagues for full leagues that you create, but they are nothing more than holding pens for the reserve sides to ensure they get games. To actually do this, you'd need a way of separating the reserves from their parent club, Spanish B team style.

Something I used to do when updating the Dutch leagues is giving the reserves and youth squads their "proper" names. In Holland all reserve teams are called Jong xxx and the U19s are xxx A1. Just realised that you can probably create those teams and then create a league and put the teams in their respective leagues, add some promotion/relegation and you're done. So have the regular competition running but next to that you have another pyramid running for the reserves, without them being able to have promotion in to the normal pyramid.

Maybe someone from SI can confirm this IF they read this of course lol

Archived