What happened to the "Unstoppable Strikers" topic?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

I guess someone didn't like it too much. it's a shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At very very worst, it would have been moved to the Tactics forum, since a tacticul discussion broke out, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Some user with an anagram name of f SI games (I have my suspicions it might be the user formerly known as Starr Man 5) keeps posting spam in threads and all of them have disappeared.

Can the mods not retrieve the other posts? It ****es me off that I took some time to get some stats on this issue and post them, just for them to disappear into the ether icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

The f SI games user might also be mikealdo who got very ****y in his recent thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, don't understand anything you're saying. what happened?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

Some user with an anagram name of f SI games (I have my suspicions it might be the user formerly known as Starr Man 5) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I'm not the only one who had that suspicion then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

The f SI games user might also be mikealdo who got very ****y in his recent thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, don't understand anything you're saying. what happened? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A guy in the tactics forum got a bit shirty this afternoon and got banned.

from what I understand, he created an alias which also got banned, but it was earlier today.

I hope its not Starr Man, as I had a lot of respect for him, he was a good member here.

However, I have to agree with what "isuckatfm" says. A few of us put a lot of effort into the discussion there, only for it to disappear. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Some user with an anagram name of f SI games (I have my suspicions it might be the user formerly known as Starr Man 5) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I'm not the only one who had that suspicion then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THats what i thought too. icon13.gif to him if it is. icon_frown.gif

Would seem to be him. Same happened last night, spammed with loads of dodgy links, huge essays on football in various languages etc...got cleaned up fairly quickly. Must have been 2 or 3 am UK time though...the guy is putting a lot of effort in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

I should have said, hats off to I think Miles and Ter who sorted it out fairly quickly. Can they block IP addresses or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea, but with technology these days, its very very easy to change your I.P address.

yeah, thanks whoever you are. where were we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well right after your post , some gentleman wroted that he has easy time scoring with playing with just 1 attacker and 2 AM wingers.

I replied on that saying that reason for that is :

ME cannot cope against 1 attacker attacking thru the narrow middle, which renders AI's FB's useless defensively , thus creating 3 attackers = 2 DC's situation.

That was 2 hours ago, roughly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mlp071:

yeah, thanks whoever you are. where were we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well right after your post , some gentleman wroted that he has easy time scoring with playing with just 1 attacker and 2 AM wingers.

I replied on that saying that reason for that is :

ME cannot cope against 1 attacker attacking thru the narrow middle, which renders AI's FB's useless defensively , thus creating 3 attackers = 2 DC's situation.

That was 2 hours ago, roughly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, wait... so using 1 striker is essentially an exploit?

...Damn - I guess that means my successful 4-5-1 discovery wasn't my own doing... just a bug. icon_frown.gif

I think that's a bit of an over-simplification. I use a formation with 1 striker and advanced AMCs rather than AML/R (i.e I use ML/MR with the two AMCs rather than the other way round). Whilst I am having decent success with it the AI certainly deals with my lone striker as well as it has dealt with me using 2 strikers sometimes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I think that's a bit of an over-simplification. I use a formation with 1 striker and advanced AMCs rather than AML/R (i.e I use ML/MR with the two AMCs rather than the other way round). Whilst I am having decent success with it the AI certainly deals with my lone striker as well as it has dealt with me using 2 strikers sometimes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not my place to claim that something is flawed or not.

Read post # 58 and make your own conclusions :

http://www.fm-britain.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=7738&st=50

I skimmed through that post, but I didn't see anything much relating to lone strikers. I don't want to delve further into debate forums/threads like that one though because I don't want to know all these match engine "loopholes".

All this stuff about fullbacks is not all that relevant to me because I don't use AMRs and AMLs and, as we discussed in that deleted thread, wingers are a serious problem in this game, when used with realistic settings. AI fullbacks do a damn fine job of always taking the ball off my ML/MR wingers before they can get a cross in or of blocking a cross out for a corner on the rare occasion a the winger does deliver one. As far as my 2 AMCs go, it's no business of fullbacks to be involved with AMCs anyway in general so they aren't relevant there either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

All this stuff about fullbacks is not all that relevant to me because I don't use AMRs and AMLs and, as we discussed in that deleted thread, wingers are a serious problem in this game, when used with realistic settings. AI fullbacks do a damn fine job of always taking the ball off my ML/MR wingers before they can get a cross in or of blocking a cross out for a corner on the rare occasion a the winger does deliver one. As far as my 2 AMCs go, it's no business of fullbacks to be involved with AMCs anyway in general so they aren't relevant there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nicely said. but that's exactly the problem, don't you think?

Well gentleman was stating that his tactics was 4-3-2-1 i believe with 2 AM wingers.I was just responding to his post.

In regards , to rest of the 1 striker thing. I had my own tactics that i was using from '06 as last 10 minutes result keeper.It's very simple 4-5-1 tactics with no AMC's or any AW.

It worked well to keep the result , but i would score once in a blue moon, till 8.0.2 that is.

Imagine my surprise when in first game i used that, my crippled ST with pace 5 and acc 8 managed to score 2 goals in less then 2 minutes , then next game again and again.

I then tested it in whole 90 and won 4:1, then 4:3 , etc .Tweaked it , still same.

Would that be suspicious to you?

Either way, i did some search on net and i found that thread.1 striker tactics is mentioned somewhere in there but i really don't have patience to browse thru it again.

When i compared to matches played , thats exactly what happened with defense.

Like i said i am by no means claiming flaws or not , just pointing out on AI behavior in those cases.

No reason to get defensive about it.

• SI Staff

I think I moved it to the Mods Room yesterday because I didn't have time to deal with all the clearing up as I had to run off. I'll have a look in a minute if I get a chance and put it back in here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by Ter:-

I think I moved it to the Mods Room yesterday because I didn't have time to deal with all the clearing up as I had to run off. I'll have a look in a minute if I get a chance and put it back in here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif Good stuff.

Archived