Licences, will it ever happen ?

Would you ?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ?

• Willing to pay
    • Not willing to pay

I'm wondering if licences will ever be attained by SI/SEGA ? I know it would be quite a large cost but it could be charged at an extra cost just like games that have expansion pack. I would be willing to pay extra to have facepacks, logos, backgrounds, etc.

No, for one thing I actually dislike having real kit images, as I like to mess with the kit design in the FMRTE each couple of seasons (that option should be in the game tbf :D). I play without faces, as regens don't have them, and I like consistency.

Which leaves logos and backgrounds... not too important to make me care, or be willing to pay extra.

It's not always a case of purely cost. EA have an exclusive license for the Premier League - until that license expires, no amount of money from SI will enable them to get that license.

Now I didnt know that, well wishfull thinking by me then LOL

I'm wondering if licences will ever be attained by SI/SEGA ? I know it would be quite a large cost but it could be charged at an extra cost just like games that have expansion pack. I would be willing to pay extra to have facepacks, logos, backgrounds, etc.

Most of the more expensive image rights to obtain would only actually be in the game for 5 years or so before they retired. And since almost everyone I know plays long term games/careers and enjoys bringing in the next gen or regens, it seem to me to be a waste of money. Especially when every year the community comes up with a logo and kit pack par excellance.

It will not change my experiences in FM. Its all about the content of the game not the rights to show something. And as people have said there are loads in the skinning hideout. :)

Just like a few years ago with POS and FIFA, one had the rights and the other had the best game play. (this was a good few years ago so it may have changed since)

Guest markyosullivan

I wouldn't be willing to pay. (Psst, don't encourage SI to make us pay for DLC and updates, we don't want them to turn out like EA.. :|)

It's not always a case of purely cost. EA have an exclusive license for the Premier League - until that license expires, no amount of money from SI will enable them to get that license.

That's the point. SI don't have any choice in most cases. Anyway, as said, we can get the stuff for free and frankly, I prefer the range of choices created by the terrific skinning/graphics community and I love how so much stuff is lovingly created and available for free - this community is 50% of my pleasure being an FM addict. :thup:

Archived