PDA

View Full Version : SI Towers After The 30th

michael
26-10-2009, 17:47
I wonder what it's like at the SI office after the 30th? The game has hit the shops and the patch is uploaded, is it then like a normal work place would be on xmas eve or like school on the last day of term? I know there would lots of forum questions to answer but they could be done from home. I'm sure most of the guys need about 2 weeks solid sleep anyway.
So if they do have a end of term booze up, CHEERS SI!

englandmanager
26-10-2009, 17:49
miles starts getting his hair back and in colour

not his usual shade of grey

this only lasts about 2 weeks though

backpackant
26-10-2009, 18:08
Patch #2 I suspect. Maybe a poll for the biggest forum strop in the first week.

trekman
26-10-2009, 18:12
Patch #2 I suspect. Maybe a poll for the biggest forum strop in the first week.

Or possibly the initial discussions about what is going to be in FM2011.

jsolloso
26-10-2009, 18:55
They will likely plan for patch #2 and have a brief discussion about when to start discussing FM2011. Also they will work on other areas, FMLive or console versions.

oggie26
26-10-2009, 18:56
Counting all the cash coming in ;)

Miles Jacobson
26-10-2009, 19:08
No different to now - I'll still be away on a PR tour, people will be on the forums helping people out, some will be working on patch 2, some will be working on already agreed stuff for FM2011, some will be writing up feature ideas, and we'll be preparing for the "post mortem" meeting and the features meetings that will be going on as soon as the PR tour is finished.

We don't have a long holiday for all or anything like that.

digsy11
26-10-2009, 19:14
No different to now - I'll still be away on a PR tour, people will be on the forums helping people out, some will be working on patch 2, some will be working on already agreed stuff for FM2011, some will be writing up feature ideas, and we'll be preparing for the "post mortem" meeting and the features meetings that will be going on as soon as the PR tour is finished.

We don't have a long holiday for all or anything like that.

Out of interest, when do you finish your jaunt around Europe, Miles?

sean_lufc
26-10-2009, 19:18
What does that tour entail? Strictly business? or can you take in some leisure time and maybe catch a game or two?

MJobson
26-10-2009, 19:20
Sack games, a bar or two? yeah!

baker.simon
26-10-2009, 19:21
Meh. Miles, get the 1st patch out then go on the lash with the rest of SI. Judging by the demo, its going to be by far the best out of the box version for a long while! You guys should let your hair down :D

digsy11
26-10-2009, 19:22
I see one of these PR things the other day via FMview on Twitter, I think Miles was in Greece, quite entertaining and interesting.

Miles Jacobson
26-10-2009, 20:42
Out of interest, when do you finish your jaunt around Europe, Miles?

Next week, then there's some more UK PR stuff going on.

What does that tour entail? Strictly business? or can you take in some leisure time and maybe catch a game or two?

Strictly business. Fly somewhere, catch up on email, check out the forums, sleep, press conference, interviews, go back to airport, fly somewhere else :)

Ricky_18
26-10-2009, 20:51
Miles are you coming to Portugal this year too?If yes when?

Ter
26-10-2009, 22:30
What do people do on the last day of school these days anyway? Back when I was a nipper it was Connect 4, Hungry Hippos and Battleships.

postal postie
26-10-2009, 23:11
What do people do on the last day of school these days anyway? Back when I was a nipper it was Connect 4, Hungry Hippos and Battleships.

I'm going to presume that's primary and not secondary school for you :)
I can't remember what I did

saved_by_barry_horne
26-10-2009, 23:14

Still that, just that it's all done digitally now

SJ234
26-10-2009, 23:23
Play your game it seems.....

crouchaldinho
26-10-2009, 23:37
Strictly business. Fly somewhere, catch up on email, check out the forums, sleep, press conference, interviews, go back to airport, fly somewhere else :)

I think you missed out all of the 'FMing' while travelling and waiting for flights etc. ;) :D

Miles Jacobson
26-10-2009, 23:42
Miles are you coming to Portugal this year too?If yes when?

I get to Portugal tomorrow evening, am being picked up from the airport, have a dinner with our distributor, then a press conference there on Wednesday.

That's all I know though, as I was told earlier that it's been moved to a bigger venue than originally planned due to more people wanting to come than was originally expected. Don't even know where I'm staying yet :)

FmGeenieScout
26-10-2009, 23:44

I Still playing hungry hippos now. All the top managers do, Megson took down moyes just before their game. He was the green hippo because he likes beans.

Miles Jacobson
26-10-2009, 23:45
I think you missed out all of the 'FMing' while travelling and waiting for flights etc. ;) :D

I wish! Airports tend to involve doing email and being on the phone - it's pretty busy at the moment what with the game out on Friday, so still lots to do away from the PR touring.

Flights tend to involve Pixeljunk Monsters on the PSPGo and Sudoku - my laptop battery is a bit poor, and I can't get FMH2010 for PSPGo until Friday. Monsters is highly recommended though, on PSP or PS3.

senorcoo
27-10-2009, 01:32
my laptop battery is a bit poor,

Miles, this is just a guess, but I think you'll be able to upgrade after the first week or two of FM10 sales :D Thanks again for the best football game around!

Ricky_18
27-10-2009, 07:22
I get to Portugal tomorrow evening, am being picked up from the airport, have a dinner with our distributor, then a press conference there on Wednesday.

That's all I know though, as I was told earlier that it's been moved to a bigger venue than originally planned due to more people wanting to come than was originally expected. Don't even know where I'm staying yet :)

That's great news,i'm going to get more info and see if i can go there too,really looking forward to it,thanks for coming to Portugal again and hope you enjoy our food once again since you don't have time for more,you are always welcome Miles.

baker.simon
27-10-2009, 07:36
Its quite an interesting thread this. I always like hearing a bit of what goes on behind the scenes and at least it shows people your not just sitting around throwing screwed up bits of paper into waste paper bins like some may think :D

RSCA Belgian Blue
27-10-2009, 07:42
Even no champagne on release day ? That's disappointing.

Blanchflower1
27-10-2009, 07:44
its quite an interesting thread this. I always like hearing a bit of what goes on behind the scenes and at least it shows people your not just sitting around throwing screwed up bits of paper into waste paper bins like some may think :d

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Butters76
27-10-2009, 08:12
I guess, they will take a short break, then leave a skeleton team for working on the patches for FM10 and the rest will start working on FM11.
Isn't that the way the gaming industry work?

sirfletch2006
27-10-2009, 08:51
20 man game of buckaroo followed by mousetrap.

michael
27-10-2009, 17:42
maybe we could have a proper "behind the scenes" video on the youtube channel, just to make us even more green with envy at your best job in the world!!!