Loan Option After Purchase

I just thought of this and am very angry at not being able to think about it for the 2010 version. I dont know of this has already been suggested so applogies in advance if it has. I think implementing the option to keep a player on loan at a club after agreeing to purchase them (with both sides agreement ofcourse) would be a good addition to the game. This would help in the negotiation stage because if it is a quality youngster you want to buy and the club is reluctant to sell until the end of the season, but you want to make sure you get him maybe you can say to the club, let us buy him and you can have him on loan until the end of the season. An example of this would be like what Man Utd have done with Adem Ljajic and Diouf where they have purchased them and loaned them out straigh away.

This would be a benefit as you can guarentee to purchase a youngster when all parties are happy, it might help when negotiating a fee and if you plan to buy someone and send them straight out on loan, this means that the player will go to a team where he is already wanted/recognised and he will play in an environment which is already like home for him so no need for a settling in period. It will also mean that the player will definatly go out on loan and not just reject your feeder clubs and just play in the rezees all season.

Just a thought, what does everyone think. Again sorry if this has already been bought up.

This can be done... During initial negotiations under the option of 'Immediate" transfer choose "End of season". The player is bought by you and will play for the season at the original team, then next summer he will sign with you. The fee is already paid so if the player's value goes up you won't have to pay more. This is a good way to snapp up promising players or if you already have too many players in their position.

This can also be done when you sell players. (often the AI will not even mind which is sort of unrealistic).

This can be done... During initial negotiations under the option of 'Immediate" transfer choose "End of season". The player is bought by you and will play for the season at the original team, then next summer he will sign with you. The fee is already paid so if the player's value goes up you won't have to pay more. This is a good way to snapp up promising players or if you already have too many players in their position.

This can also be done when you sell players. (often the AI will not even mind which is sort of unrealistic).

Not quite the same thing

A good idea by the OP, the option shoudl be available as the big teams usually do this. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool tend to buy players and leave them at their current club only gettign them back if they feel the need otherwise they are resold again.

I just thought of this and am very angry at not being able to think about it for the 2010 version. I dont know of this has already been suggested so applogies in advance if it has. I think implementing the option to keep a player on loan at a club after agreeing to purchase them (with both sides agreement ofcourse) would be a good addition to the game. This would help in the negotiation stage because if it is a quality youngster you want to buy and the club is reluctant to sell until the end of the season, but you want to make sure you get him maybe you can say to the club, let us buy him and you can have him on loan until the end of the season. An example of this would be like what Man Utd have done with Adem Ljajic and Diouf where they have purchased them and loaned them out straigh away.

This would be a benefit as you can guarentee to purchase a youngster when all parties are happy, it might help when negotiating a fee and if you plan to buy someone and send them straight out on loan, this means that the player will go to a team where he is already wanted/recognised and he will play in an environment which is already like home for him so no need for a settling in period. It will also mean that the player will definatly go out on loan and not just reject your feeder clubs and just play in the rezees all season.

Just a thought, what does everyone think. Again sorry if this has already been bought up.

isnt that the same as just agreeing to delay the transfer till the end of the season.

I think this is a great idea! :thup:

About Ljajic though, he ain't loaned out because he's under 18 and any player in the Serbian league has to be 18 years old or older to leave Serbia so he has agreed to join United 1.1.2010. It is like a loan though :p.

Or like Mame Biram Diouf from Molde. Man utd bought him this summer but let him be on loan at Mole to the end of the season...

I was thinking the same thing for how many years thanks for pointing that out

And also there should be "loan exchanges" happens a lot irl.When i buy an important(doenst matter) player from a club i want to loan out some of my promising younsters to them to help them out

Not quite the same thing

Why is it different? It's exactly the same principal! :)

You've still brought the player. The money is taken out of your budget. The player still remains at their original club until the end of the season playing games, getting experience etc.

I do this all the time with kids i buy. If they're playing for their clubs and i'm buying them for the future i do the deal but leave them at their clubs for the season rather than playing in my resevers. :cool:

Yes I agree- I've wanted this option for years! It happens in the 'real' football world and always wondered why it wasn't available within FM... yes- changing when the transfer happens, i.e. end of season, is another option- but it isnt quite the same thing- and yes also being able to have loan deals as a part of a transfer, a kinda sweetner what be a good idea as well.

As we know this happens all the time.

Archived