Takeover bids?

Hi guys

I am Bolton on my demo and was just wondering how takeovers are going to happen this year, Phil Gartside says he will never leave the club he loves on his own admission, does that mean if say i come 3rd is there a chance i would be taken over and get Man City funds :D Can always wish cant i?

And also as a lower league team getting taken over, Notts County for example, could you be doing a game with a team like Exeter say and be taken over and have say £1 million to spend. Or is that one in a million.

Or for my Bolton to be taken over would i have to quit the demo save, and start a new game when the full version comes out?

Thanks People

Coming 3rd doesn't always lead to an automatic take over, as your chairman being more inclined to stay at your club because of the champions league money and possibly the chance to win the league.

Personally the whole issue of takeovers seem random at best to me, Walsall and then Droylsden both got bought out by hungarian and japanese tycoons respectively in my current game.

Hi guys

I am Bolton on my demo and was just wondering how takeovers are going to happen this year, Phil Gartside says he will never leave the club he loves on his own admission, does that mean if say i come 3rd is there a chance i would be taken over and get Man City funds :D Can always wish cant i?

Even if you get taken over it doesn't mean you'll get taken over by a billionaire tycoon. You might just get another one of your directors taking the place of Phil Gartside. Before you start a game you could always load up the editor and alter his stats so that a takeover is more likely to happen.

Takeovers are totally random. I haven't personally encountered one and it seems difficult to trigger one to happen.

Mine was the result of accidentally bankrupting my club.

Step 1: Agree to sell players in the Summer tranfer window for X

Step 2: Agree to buy replacement players in the January transfer window for Y with advanced X funds.

Step 3: Sh*t the Board up when they realise they have to pay Y 6 months before receiving X which mean the have Z(ero) cash

Worked out for me though! :D

some takeovers are not random, newcastle's Mike ashley starts the demo 'listening to offers' and by oct/nov time there is speculation about clubs future.

The only random thing is if you get tycoon, consortium or just a promoted board member.

On FM09 i cheated with newcastle a little, i saved my game every day until i got the news that my chairman was stepping aside, i then reloaded previous day pressed continue until i got a tycoon (this takes a while).

I haven't tried that on fm10 demo but i imagine it would be the same.

When i start my newcastle season on FM10 full game i will just take what i get coz cheating is bad

• 2 weeks later...
how would you tinker with the chairman stats to make a takeover more likely. I just want them to happen quicker, e.g. Hicks or Ashley?

suppose you could always put the club in the chairmans hated/disliked club list, that should speed it up

Archived