If the game is posted early....

If the game is despatched by some companies early to beat the Postal strike (similar thing happened with Windows 7 last week) and some happy customers receive their DVD tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday - will SI authorise the early release of the game to the shops and / or Steam / DD as a result?

I know its purely speculative but I fail to believe it hasn't been discussed in SI Towers. Can't say I'm totally confident of getting an official response :-)

can't see why they would authorise early release of the game. its surely more work than its worth making sure that every single retailer that is selling the game, knows that they can sell it early.

i mean, are they going to wait for the first person on here (perhaps on a thursday) to say 'i've got it' before jumping into action and telling all the shops they can sell it 14 hours earlier?

perhaps they will. but i dont see it.

can't see why they would authorise early release of the game. its surely more work than its worth making sure that every single retailer that is selling the game, knows that they can sell it early.

i mean, are they going to wait for the first person on here (perhaps on a thursday) to say 'i've got it' before jumping into action and telling all the shops they can sell it 14 hours earlier?

perhaps they will. but i dont see it.

I've got it!

It's been discussed and the position is clear.

Retailers have a responsibility to get the game to you on launch day. How they choose to do that is not something that we can influence or control. We're not planning on moving the street date at this point - that does make it extremely difficult for those who have a huge amount of stock to distribute etc - and most retailers that I've looked at are looking at contingency plans of their own.

Cheers

Matt

Archived