Appealing A Red Card?

Has anyone been successful in appealing a red card? Personally i never have had success with this. So now i appeal every red card i get, which is a lot as i'm managing newcastle (barton, butt, smith, collocini) ;) Has anyone overturned a red card and what comes up on the news screen if its successful? :thup:

Do you remember what came up on the news screen when that happened? Any apology from the f.a.? ;)

Cant remember exactly what was said, but something along the lines of the f.a felt you had valid grounds and your appeal has been successful. As far as I can remember, no apology was made!!

The wording was almost the same as when you arent successful with your appeal.

Would have been nice to have been issued with an apology since both times it happened - i lost the games. :thup:

I suppose when you think about it we cant judge whether the red card is fair or not as personally i watch in 2D mode and 3D prob wouldnt show if its fair or not either so maybe if it says in the commentary something like that decision was harsh or something you would then appeal and be successful. Maybe SI could introduce that addition to the commentary and make it possible to have red cards overturned then. It does happen irl

I have been successful on this twice. However, it seems easier to just issue a warning or fine as players start getting worried about a lack of discipline.

I've personally never had a successful appeal as i've given up lol but surely if you are successful the players should recognise that and not get upset? Seems strange to me!

I've personally never had a successful appeal as i've given up lol but surely if you are successful the players should recognise that and not get upset? Seems strange to me!

What I meant was that for the amount of times your successful, it wasnt worth appealing. As when you appeal and lose - your players feel a lack of discipline.

If you are successful, they dont get upset with you.

It would be nice for them to recognise that you stuck by them and showed support when you do win an appeal though.

I have never seen this feature being successful and it usually leads to a warning, fine or touchline ban eventually. No idea if it's been improved for FM10 but it will eventually need to be addressed. IRL you always see red cards being appealed succesfully where at worst the length of the ban is reduced.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived