I want a challenge in FM10

This year i really want a challenge that will last me a long time, however i want to have some kind of knowledge about the club. I have come up with rochdale, i know some of there players, there and have quite a small squad. on fm to come 9th in the league, and i dont think they have particularly good finances (correct me if im wrong) , is this a big challenge, i think so, there in league 2 also, and have quite a small squad. If everyone says no, ill change my mind (if you say no offer a suggestion please). And if yes, i will stay with rochdale. And one more question, how do you activate legaues such as the ryman league, so i can try and find some rough diamonds?

Thanks in advanc

Taking any club from league 2 to glory, is a challenge.

I like to take the personal challenge, instead of taking one club all the way to the top (unless I can). I prefer to take job offers, which take me too the next level of management. My previous game (fm09) started with Bristol Rovers and within 8 years I was managing Tottenham (changed clubs 4 times):). Needless to say my loyalty stats did suffer:rolleyes:

This year i really want a challenge that will last me a long time, however i want to have some kind of knowledge about the club. I have come up with rochdale, i know some of there players, there and have quite a small squad. on fm to come 9th in the league, and i dont think they have particularly good finances (correct me if im wrong) , is this a big challenge, i think so, there in league 2 also, and have quite a small squad. If everyone says no, ill change my mind (if you say no offer a suggestion please). And if yes, i will stay with rochdale. And one more question, how do you activate legaues such as the ryman league, so i can try and find some rough diamonds?

Thanks in advanc

How should we know about which other club you consider yourself to be knowledgeable enough to accept it for you to manage?

Well if the 24th tier is available then yes try it. I meant the last tier that you can find e.g. 10th tier.

As a challenge I will try to take a Maltese team to the Champions qualifying group stage. An impossible challenge I know.

That will be the 24th tier isn't it? I wonder who will undertake this massive work? :D

Playing the beta I chose the team that were expected to finish bottom of the Unibond D1 North. Won that in the first season, currently top of the Unibond Prem, but it is tricky signing decent players.

Everyone will be able to do this in the real game, I know you can go down to Step 10 at least (2 levels below where I started)

It's something I have been waiting to do for years, so hats off to SI for finally implementing it

I plan on managing Durham City in the Unibond Premier.

For anyone wanting a challenge they do not come any bigger than this. Durham have been promoted twice from the Northern Premier and they were hoping for big things. They have nice facilities but with a synthetic grass pitch. After much canvessing to Unibond they said that without a proper pitch they could not be promoted or even contest the playoffs if they got that far. Their sponsors pulled out meaning players like Chris Carr, Paul Brayson, Stephen Capper, in fact the entire squad left immediately.

Durham’s team are now filled with college kids and unfortunately fans are usually pleased if we only lose by 3 goals!! They look certain to be relegated right back to the Northern League having to start over, which is a shame considering all the progress that was made.

I hope that at least on Football Manager it is a “from the ground up” literally and a good challenge for managers. If you manage Durham you need an entire new squad from scratch! I'm looking forward having a crack at it.

The new data editor should do it for you
A real challenge would be to go as Newport County in the BSS, its my local team and i can't wait to have a crack at it. Currently they are 1st in RL but still a good challenge though.

Any team that low is a great challenge I think. I've long since waited for this very welcome new dimension to the game.

Where can you get the data editor? I have a demo but it isn't there. By the look of the quoted post I think it is available?

Archived