Can't mutually release

I'm playing as my team Yeovil and at the beginning get told all staff will except mutual consent but I try it with my assiatnt manager who is on a assiatnt manager/player contract and he is unwilling, what can I do?

Also when you come in to a club there are players that have only just signed, but you don't want them and clubs aren't willing to take them as they have only just signed. Can i do anything to usher these players out.

Many thanks

You could offer the player/assistant manager just a coaching contract, then mutually release him?? Just an idea.

That doesn't work, I had the same problem. You can try offer him a better contract for player only, so you can get adequate staff, but you can't totally get rid of him. He won't accept mutual (cheap) termination.

This usually happens with lower league teams and they are short on money, which makes it worse.

Also when you come in to a club there are players that have only just signed, but you don't want them and clubs aren't willing to take them as they have only just signed. Can i do anything to usher these players out.

Many thanks

Not really, as no-one is going to agree to leaving a club they've just joined. However, you can send them off on loan (some will agree, others won't) and shove them in the reserves so they'll want to leave at the end of the season. Also, come the end of the January transfer window, especially if you've refused to give them games, some of them will be willing to sign pre-contracts with new clubs so you can arrange their transfers in the summer window early and be sure they're gone.

Otherwise you can terminate their contracts I think, but that's a costly and extreme measure.

This usually happens with lower league teams and they are short on money, which makes it worse.

Exactly. I always play in the lower leagues, and it's pretty much impossible to have a staff shake up in the opening season. Usually a lower league assman will accept a 4k payoff, but when your bank balance is @ 5k, this is obviously not an option.

I always stick it out for the first year in charge with crappy staff, wait for their contracts to run out and then ditch them.

Archived