One thing about FM thaat really really annoys me

One of the most common questions on these boards, this one. I don't seem to suffer from it too much, although (as in real football) it does occasionally happen.

Can't even be answered simply as it'll be a mixture of various things including tactics, morale, team talk (which can usually be critically important), fitness, player determination*, professionalism (basically squad personality), etc etc

As has been said, query in the Tactics Forum as this is one very well covered subject no doubt :D

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

*I've found determination to be one of the most important mental characteristics for players. If you had a full team of extremely determined players you would find they'll always put in a great shift. I can't really say any more though as this is GD and I'm not allowed to discuss too much ;)

One of the most common questions on these boards, this one. I don't seem to suffer from it too much, although (as in real football) it does occasionally happen.

Can't even be answered simply as it'll be a mixture of various things including tactics, morale, team talk (which can usually be critically important), fitness, player determination*, professionalism (basically squad personality), etc etc

As has been said, query in the Tactics Forum as this is one very well covered subject no doubt :D

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

*I've found determination to be one of the most important mental characteristics for players. If you had a full team of extremely determined players you would find they'll always put in a great shift. I can't really say any more though as this is GD and I'm not allowed to discuss too much ;)

Yes, I agree with you here. Determination is an important factor when your team is 2-0 or 3-0 up. They will less likely to lose their lead.

I agree, if your winning at half time don't say anything. I use to have the same problem and this worked for me, 70% of the time;)

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. might give it a go.

I've often found that 90% of the time if I go into halftime winning 3-0 after completely dominating the game, I'll not necessarily lose but I'll more than likely have a lacklustre second half. It's very rare that my second half performance will be better than my first half.

I do play in the lower leagues, so I can understand the whole determination thing. LL players mental stats are often lacking.

It certainly is a pattern that I've experienced with the last 4 or so FM games though...

Indeed.

Say NOTHING when you are winning at home

Always works, and at least you won't get any "lost focus" or "more relaxed, perhaps overly so" and the like. "Angered, seemed confused" is a good thing believe it or not, because at least they are listening!

Indeed.

Say NOTHING when you are winning at home

Always works, and at least you won't get any "lost focus" or "more relaxed, perhaps overly so" and the like. "Angered, seemed confused" is a good thing believe it or not, because at least they are listening!

thats where i quite often go wrong. will maybe try changing this for 2010 on friday.

Archived