Touchline Instructions vs Tweaking Sliders

Do you use...  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use...

• Touchline Instructions after using the wizard.
    • Sliders to tweak the tactic after using the wizard.
    • The classic way - Sliders only.

As you may or may not know, if you tweak sliders (player or team) after creating a tactic on the wizard, then the touchline instructions do not work. So you basically can either 1) create the tactic via the wizard and then tweak the sliders to get it 'just right' but you cant use the touchline instructions or 2) creare the tactic via the wizard, forget about the sliders really and just use the tactic instructions to change things.

Thanks.

The touchlines will work if you don't check box them as customised.

I think the next step would be to still be able to influence the sliders we've manually set to shift up or down with touchline.

Or have access to those customised sliders without having to go into the main tactics page.

Yes - to influence sliders that we have set up ourselves via the touchline instructions would be great for FM 11. For me, I find that the tactics wizard sets the sliders too far/ too low to where I would want it , so thats why I tweak the sliders. Btw, what do you mean 'the touchlines will work if you don't check box them as customised'?

I understand Bromley, but when I set up tactics on the tactic wizard and just check the sliders and they seem too extreme for me. I want to stay away from it, but I guess its just habit to tweak it so that things 'fit' better. Doesnt anyone else find this?

The first option all the way!!!

The new tactical system is much easier, more intuitive, more realistic, and more fun. I always had trouble with sliders but so far in the demo I was able to create a tactic for my Athletic Bilbao side that saw them over-achieve, and I got the most out of almost all of my players. If they weren't playing the way I wanted them to, the touchline instructions fixed that much easier than the use of sliders had in FM09.

SI has really failed and this is probably the biggest mistake in the game. Why the hell would they sacrifice the tweaking for advanced players? The touchline instructions for strategies is completely useless if you have ticked a box in your strategy.

So how can SI fix this problem? Well, the strategies should be customized. So you should be able to make your own strategies and use them in touchline instructions. The smaller fix would be to overwrite the "ticked boxes"

Can anyone from SI take a look at the problem? We should probably make a post in the "bug" forum.

S.I. should really take note of this poll and its results. Its pretty damn evident how their bread is buttered tbh.

Yeh - the poll is showing that most people are forgetting abot sliders now - which can only really be a good thing because it isnt ultimately realistic is it?

I'm new to this wizard thing and touchline shouts. So when I choose attacking offense and review my 2 forwards and see the mentality is "way" to the right, if I bring them back a little bit, are you saying NONE of my shouts will work? It lets me make the shouts and then says pending and then apparently goes into effect. But what I'm hearing here is that all is for naught. No shouts will work. Is this correct?

What if I "specific" man mark by checking the box for a DC for example? Will this negate "shouts" from working?

I'm new to this wizard thing and touchline shouts. So when I choose attacking offense and review my 2 forwards and see the mentality is "way" to the right, if I bring them back a little bit, are you saying NONE of my shouts will work? It lets me make the shouts and then says pending and then apparently goes into effect. But what I'm hearing here is that all is for naught. No shouts will work. Is this correct?

What if I "specific" man mark by checking the box for a DC for example? Will this negate "shouts" from working?

I'm entirely sure - but I do think that be editing any sliders, that will mean that the shouts won't work. I hope that specific man marking doesn't negate it from working though.

I also don't know whether things like tight marking and tick box instructions affect the shouts. Would be great if someone could answer this.

That's true, i know i said that they should had been removed but no harm leaving both in the game i suppose, guys like wwfan has done a brilliant work with the sliders and even though i never managed to read through it all it should still be left as an option for those who wants the sliders and who like it.

If I have a ticked box in player instructions (e.g. Fabregas set as a Deep-Lying Playmaker, but having set his "runs from deep" to "sometimes" as opposed to "rarely" as it is set by default), will this disable me from using touch-line instructions? Or is it just when the Team Instructions are edited?

We first got the tactics interface in FM Live a few months back. At the time I don't think it was too well received - to top teams at least, because it didn't mesh well with the pre-FM09 Match Engine we are using.

However, with the latest ME, its faults to one side, the tactical interface works really well. There are still some shouts that don't seem to be as effective as I would like, however very specific ones such as focusing play centrally or down the flanks, pumping the ball forwards etc. can change a game.

I think the next logical step for SI would be to remove the background sliders completely, however additional layers to the interface would be needed (e.g. I manually change nearly all my players Long Shots to rarely, as the tactics interface doesn't do this for me).

you can still use touchline shouts

1 player will now ignore some of them (the ones affected by the change u made)

9 players will happily follow them

Ok, so that means that when changing a slider ONLY that particular slider value is not affected by the touchline shout?

^ Well if I understand correctly, if you tweak a player instruction slider, then the touchline shout that realtes to that will not be followed by that certain player - but all thes other will. If you tweak a team instructions slider then the shout that relates to that only becomes unusable. So am I right in saying that only a CERTAIN touchline shout dont work only if you have tweaked the slider that DIRECTLY RELATES to it and the others will work perfectly fine?

^ Well if I understand correctly, if you tweak a player instruction slider, then the touchline shout that realtes to that will not be followed by that certain player - but all thes other will. If you tweak a team instructions slider then the shout that relates to that only becomes unusable. So am I right in saying that only a CERTAIN touchline shout dont work only if you have tweaked the slider that DIRECTLY RELATES to it and the others will work perfectly fine?

Can someone please confirm this.

Archived