Corners & Set pieces goals?

Just wanted to bring this up for discussion as i have real problems with this.

So far i have played the demo through twice and only scored 1 goal on corners and set pieces with a header.

Ferdinand and Vidic do win their fair share of duels in the box, but they just can't direct their headers on goal.

Anyone else experienced this? Is anyone scoring goals with headers from corners/set pieces?

It's not like you have many options on how to set them up.

You have plenty of options to set up. I've scored 4 in the first two months with Oxford, I normally have two challenging the keeper, one attacking each post ,two coming from deep and one lurking outside then aim it at the 6-yard box. None of my players are much good in the air but the BSP defences aren't that hot either!

Well i do get goals from set pieces, but they never come from straight headers. I don't want to use the "challange keeper" exploit so i tend to have most of my players on deafult with the exception of a player lurking outside the area.

Personally i just feel the player ability with their head in set pieces is toned down to low.

Is this backlash from the corner exploit? Am i really the only one struggeling to score headers on corners/set pieces?

Well as i understood they had improved the "exploit", but not fully removed it.

The knock of effect on goal keeper play would be to big if he was made "realistic" in handeling the challange keeper setting.

Strange how all of you who are scoring goals with headers from corners have your strong players challanging the keeper. ;)

My issue is more of the "why are my CD's not scoring headers even when their compleatly open inside the box".

Not a big issue, just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing it. Guess i also have to start exploiting the "challange keeper" setting to score some headers. Not realistic though.

Archived